Malifaux Mobile App

Super excited for the Android version!

If I see you at Gencon and somehow innately recognize you (do you look anything close to a Crouching Moose?), you get a high-five, sir.

I'm looking for this App on the Google Play Store and not finding it.  If it's not there, where might I find it?  I was looking under "Malifaux Helper".  Is that right?

Currently it is on the first post of this thread under the releases spoiler. However I will be uploading the app to the android store later today and will post when it goes live.

Great app. On the iOS version the suit on the scheme and strats portion stretches and distorts when the menu is opened to read what the details of the objective is. Just mentioning if you go back for cosmetic clean up at some point, but the app works great. Thank you for your work on it.

Thanks for the heads up, I might have to look at someones device to figure out what is going on because I don't see it on our iPad.

Would there be any particular reason why the app doesn't work on my Lumia 920? The reasons given in the app store are that my phone needs an update (done), that it is exclusive to a different mobile provider, or that it is not available in my country/region. I live in South Africa so is that the issue? If so how can that be remedied? I got the app for my nexus and it is great but would love to get it on my phone for quick use.

Would there be any particular reason why the app doesn't work on my Lumia 920? The reasons given in the app store are that my phone needs an update (done), that it is exclusive to a different mobile provider, or that it is not available in my country/region. I live in South Africa so is that the issue? If so how can that be remedied? I got the app for my nexus and it is great but would love to get it on my phone for quick use.

It should be available to all devices in all countries. The only thing I can think of is something another person posted with Lumia phone who said that they needed to get the update to Windows 8.1 which wouldn't be coming out to their device until september, IIRC. If you do have windows phone 8.1, please let me know and I'll look into the publishing settings when I upload the next Windows update.

I can't remember if this was asked of before but what is the chance of having some form of games log when you can put in your opponent, crew, schemes, strats and outcomes?

Like what you can do with Iron Grudge?

I was planning on doing something like this after a way to track games has been added. Obviously that is down the road and I can't tell you when exactly, but I do want to add something like what you're asking about.

I'm sure this has been asked for already, but in case it hasn't...

It would be nice to be able to copy the crew list to the clipboard so that it could be pasted into another app.

Also would be nice if it also generated a link for the web-based crew builder too!

The problem with copying the crew list and pasting it into another app is that it depends on what that app is trying to do with it and what format it is expecting. If you just mean copying a text version so you can paste it online, then that is a different matter and should be easily added. Same for the link to the web based crew builder. Since they both run off of the same data file that shouldn't be a problem.

• Like 1

The problem with copying the crew list and pasting it into another app is that it depends on what that app is trying to do with it and what format it is expecting. If you just mean copying a text version so you can paste it online, then that is a different matter and should be easily added. Same for the link to the web based crew builder. Since they both run off of the same data file that shouldn't be a problem.

Yeah, I was thinking just text. Just like you can do with the web version.

• Like 1

Can you enlighten me on how your random generator works ? I'm allways a bit sceptical when it comes to having an app or program decide on randomisation.

first it creates an array of 54 values (one for each card), then I run a randomizing sorting on the array. I can remember the acutal name of the sort but essentially I start at index 0 and generate a random number between 0 and 53. Then I swap the card at index 0 with the randomly selected index. This algorithm has allready been proven to generate results that are considered to be random enough to actually be called truly random. However since it takes 7 deck shuffles to generate a truly random ordering, I run the array through the randomizer algorithm 7 times. Once that is done, I shift the array 1 (closest operation to drawing a card off the TOP of the deck, yes I could have used pop instead) and use the value to deteremine the deployment. Then I shift 1 more and determine the stratgey. Finally, I rebuild and rerandomize the deck before I shift 2 more times for the 2 scheme cards.

In all honesty, I looked at how lazyfaux was set up when I was doing mine, although I went through and made a significant number of changes for optimizations for loading the icons, as well as improving number of operations, but the basic prinicple is still the same as Lazyfaux. I did my best to mimic an actual person shuffling and flipping for an encounter with what a computer can do.

first it creates an array of 54 values (one for each card), then I run a randomizing sorting on the array. I can remember the acutal name of the sort but essentially I start at index 0 and generate a random number between 0 and 53. Then I swap the card at index 0 with the randomly selected index. This algorithm has allready been proven to generate results that are considered to be random enough to actually be called truly random. However since it takes 7 deck shuffles to generate a truly random ordering, I run the array through the randomizer algorithm 7 times. Once that is done, I shift the array 1 (closest operation to drawing a card off the TOP of the deck, yes I could have used pop instead) and use the value to deteremine the deployment. Then I shift 1 more and determine the stratgey. Finally, I rebuild and rerandomize the deck before I shift 2 more times for the 2 scheme cards.

I assume there's an inner-loop in there that you didn't mention, such that you're not just swapping the card at index 0 7 times?

Updates for the stuff released at GenCon have been uploaded. Windows and Android are good to go, iOS may take a day or 2 before it is available.

Change Log

- Added new generic upgrades

- Fixed various hiring issues.

- Crew Creator now links directly to Web version

- Ability to copy Crews as Text or BBCode from inside app (not available on WIndows, due to a lack of a Clipboard API at the moment. Code is in place, just waiting for Microsoft to make the API available to use the clipboard again.)

Upcoming changes next update

- Bigger Buttons

- Collection Manager (No SE models to being with).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

First off, love this ap! Everyone in my group uses it now, and we all agree it's a huge convenience even offline.

I have mentioned this before, but I'm sure with all the other work you have put into this you can't remember everything. When Johan is hired into Arcanist crews he can take M&SU upgrades, because he is M&SU keyworded.

That's it. Thanx again, for all the great work!

Hi,

Excellent application!

You just have to update the FAQ :)

One other thing: on my phone (Android) when I am on the main menu, if I press the "go back" button, it doesn't exit as I would have expected. I have to press the "home" button (and then, I don't know if it's not still opened in the background).

• 2 weeks later...

Would it be possible to have the option to add strategy and schemes to the crew creator as a minimized drop-down to prepare crews in advance for tournaments and stuff?

Also, it might be smart to add the Google Play link to the opening post instead of the now outdated .apk.

Perhaps this thread also deserves to be pinned by a mod..