Lady J crew

war_B00B

Hi Guys,

I was just wondering what everyone thought of this crew. I have tested it but I got distracted by the Viks Lady J sword fight in the middle of the table so have only partly tested it effectiveness.

Lady J

The Judge

The Lone Marshal

2 x Exorcist

2 x Death Marshals

That's a total of 43SS without any upgrades. I normally get very stuck on upgrades, as it is sometimes difficult to choose from everything, but there are 7SS left for upgrades and pool. I like to leave Lady J at least a 6SS pool to help either stay alive or to make sure big stuff goes down, which leaves 5SS for upgrades.

Any thoughts on the list and good upgrades to choose from?

All advice is appreciated.

As always, the effectiveness of this crew and the fitting upgrades are highly dependent on the opposing faction and the victory conditions. Fixed lists go somewhat counter to the game's intent.

The list itself seems solid. There are no cheap objective runners in this list so it's less than optimal for strategies like Reconnoiter. It will be most effective versus Undead, as well. But it has solid ranged and melee and some movement tricks.

Upgrades: Lady Justice likes either Vendetta (for a more offensive game) or Badge of Office (for more defense). The Judge's personal upgrade is somewhat wasted in this crew since it hasn't many minions. Lead Lined Coat might be better.

• Like 2

Personally Justice doesn't really need a tonne of upgrades to be good. I'd take either The Badge of Office for a one time life saver or Vendetta to get the extra triggers on her Great Sword. Maybe the upgrade that makes her unimpeded so she can charge without LoS and ignoring most cover. This makes her pretty scary. 

Dirial has basically covered all I wanted to say actually. 

With my Lady Justice crew, I almost always take Last stand for the Unimpeded charges, but after that upgrades to taste. I am a big fan of Implacable due to the area control she can provide. It forces your opponent to either sit there and take her melee attacks or use pushes to get out of combat. Also, don't forget about generic upgrades. Badge of office is ok, but a little expensive for me normally due to its limited usefulness against some crews that just hit you multiple times for 1-2 damage. Plant evidence on the other hand has been a good one in my games. Finish the job is nice if you die, but the 4" push at the end of the game to place another objective could help you with the lower numbers that guild crews have. Plus, you can take plant evidence for 1ss on Lady Justice, the Judge, and the Lone Marshal for even more scheming.

With my Lady Justice crew, I almost always take Last stand for the Unimpeded charges, but after that upgrades to taste. I am a big fan of Implacable due to the area control she can provide. It forces your opponent to either sit there and take her melee attacks or use pushes to get out of combat. Also, don't forget about generic upgrades. Badge of office is ok, but a little expensive for me normally due to its limited usefulness against some crews that just hit you multiple times for 1-2 damage. Plant evidence on the other hand has been a good one in my games. Finish the job is nice if you die, but the 4" push at the end of the game to place another objective could help you with the lower numbers that guild crews have. Plus, you can take plant evidence for 1ss on Lady Justice, the Judge, and the Lone Marshal for even more scheming.

Not that Plant Evidence is a bad upgrade, even on two or three models (it's not), but it's very specific for certain Schemes. So specific that I refrain from proposing it for fixed lists. That upgrade is an epitome of the "build the list for the victory conditions" principle.

Thanks for all the feed back guys. 

I understand most crew building is conditional, but I've just started so I haven't got a lot of models to choose from, so I was hoping that I could put together a fairly all round crew while I still build my guild collection.

I also just recently got the Perdita crew box, so I'm excited to try that once I've got the game play down a bit better.

Perdita box is a fine addition indeed to building a Guild faction. I have Perdita, Justice and Sonnia boxes at the moment and some various other models. Only other Guild master I'm interested in is Lucius and then my Guild is pretty much done :)

Perdita box is a fine addition indeed to building a Guild faction. I have Perdita, Justice and Sonnia boxes at the moment and some various other models. Only other Guild master I'm interested in is Lucius and then my Guild is pretty much done :)

My Guild will be done when I have EVERYTHING.

Seriously, at the moment I'm trying my best not to buy the Latigo Posse. I already have a fully painted Ortega crew, damn it!

Seriously, at the moment I'm trying my best not to buy the Latigo Posse. I already have a fully painted Ortega crew, damn it!

Haha, I don't like Hoffman and McCabe at all so, good for me, at least I have something I don't have a compelling need to buy :P

That is the problem with them releasing the new plastic models, they have far better detailing.

It actually raises the question of do you wait for the new models, or buy the current.