Cracking Armour

Thridi

Hi Malifolks

I exclusively play Malifaux with my wife.  We both started with box sets (me Mei Feng and her Rasputina) and are now at the stage where we are looking at adding to our respective teams.  The one thing I seem to have had the most trouble with so far up against her crew is cracking armour, especially on the golem.  What are the best options in TT for making armour less of a PITA.

I'm thinking Willie as he adds some ranged threat as well as some scheme marker control but would take any suggestions.

Cheers dears.

The "Hard Worker" upgrade exclusively for Foundry models is your immediate answer. It has a 0 tactical action "Precise Assault" for any foundry model (Kang, Rail Workers, Metal Gamin, Rail Golem, Willie, Mei Feng herself) in LoS, which allows them to discard a card in return for ignoring Armour and Hard to Wound. Combined with Kang's "The Worker's Champion" ability, it is particularly nasty against constructs.

With that combination, pretty much every Foundry model bar the Metal Gamin (who already have "Magnetism" though which also ignores armour) can be a constructs worst nightmare. For the Rail Golem the 0 tactical action competes with "Locomotion", however if you get a couple of Locomotion attacks in, ignoring armour is almost irrelevant as it does so much damage anyway!

I feel bad now. Don't tell your wife I told you this... ;)

Cheers Evil, perfect advice.  I don't have the Golem as yet but regardless I'll try that out and see if I can't crack into her golem and gamin more effectively.

Oh and I'm pretty sure she's scheming over in the Arcanists threads so I'm not that fussed.  That and she hands me my arse in almost every game we play, I've almost retired my Netrunner decks from game night more than once!

That and she hands me my arse in almost every game we play, I've almost retired my Netrunner decks from game night more than once!

Lol. Thankfully my wife doesn't play "dolly soldiers" as I suspect I'd be suffering the same fate. Honestly, some ladies have got a real merciless competitive streak running through them...;)

Alternative options are to hire in some Mercs that are designed to carve through armour. The obvious ones that come to mind are Ronin, Hans, Taelor and if memory serves Bishop may also ignore armour. I don't have my book on me but don't 10T Samurai have the same Daito that Ronin have so they can ignore armour as well right?