Brewmaster crew?

flindo

so I've been looking at the brewmaster a lot lately, I feel like he adds a lot to the Ten thunders, but something that is kind of throwing me off is that his crew isnt dual faction ten thunders, he can't even take them in his lists exclusively like other masters, and he can't take his totem, it is kind of odd and I was wondering if there is a reason for this?

Big question, how do people value the whiskey golem? I've been running some numbers to do a pure trichi list, but if I want both the golem and fingers points start getting strapped and I end up having to pass on angry drunk. I've compared him to langston, and although not as scary, he does seem to be at a decent place, specially with his trigger that ends activation, also, it has a very good time spreading poison that Brewmaster likes.

Is it a situation where if it's a scheme heavy thing you take fingers and if not you reach out for the golem? What are people's impressions of him? Do they use him with Angry drunk? Do they simply pass and just use Izamu?

Eh Angry Drunk can be useful, though I tend to use at least 1 AP to become DF 7. That way he can still Charge with Nimble and get 2 Attacks along with being high defense.

Only problem with this is that Nimble gives you "This model gains 1 additional AP which may only be used to take Walk Actions", meaning it can not be used to make a charge.  So you can get Df7, Walk, and get 1 attack.

• Like 1

As 10 Thunders I'm just not sure I am super impressed with the Whiskey Golem standing up next to other 10T options.  Izamu is incredibly solid still, but Brewie works by handing out debuffs like it's going out of style, and that allows just about anything to be super effective.

I actually like the idea of Toshiro + Upgrade with Brewie.  Extra + flips for you stacking with - flips for them is a nasty combination, and it adds a bit of summoning that is always welcome.