Another noob to throw into the fray.

werewalrus

As the title suggests, I'm totally new to the game. I've been going through some of the resources found on this site, and have decided to supplement my Som'er box with some mosquitoes. However, unlike most of the figures found within the Malifaux line, I'm not digging the aesthetics of this model. 

Thus...have any of you done some conversions for this model? I'm not digging the wings specifically, and was thinking about using some plague bits from forgeworld (which might be too big). 

My primary opponent: Lady Justice (and her boxset to start). Any advice would be appreciated. 

Thanks in advance

-WW

I didn't like the old M1E Giant Mosquito models, so I found an alternative at Heresy Miniatures.  They don't offer them retail anymore because the mold got a little busted and it doesn't cast models up to their standards.  They claim the flashing is "just awful" on them, but I had no such experience with the 6 of them they shipped me (come in packs of 3) they were just fine.  So you'd have to special-order them from andy@heresyminiatures.com

Here's some photos of how mine turned out:

_MG_4528.jpg

_MG_4531.jpg

The plastic crew seems to be not far off for release, but don't think its confirmed how many skeeters it will contain (hopefully a pair). If you're not in a rush it might be worth waiting to see the sculpts.

Also, pretty sure Som'er will have a use for some more bayou gremlins too if you pick up the new crew box ;)

On the topic of insect wings, the following link has a nifty idea: http://23lines.blogspot.com.au/2008/07/commutatus-tyranid-gargoyle-conversion.html?m=1

Thx for the input guys. I'm really liking the idea of printing the wings on a transparency sheet...as per the last suggestion. 

In addition, I just picked up Rami and Raphael from miniature market...since they were on clearance.

A quick note on Raphael - Dirty Cheater makes him a lot better. Strongly consider buying that for him most of the time.
  • Like 1

As the title suggests, I'm totally new to the game. I've been going through some of the resources found on this site, and have decided to supplement my Som'er box with some mosquitoes. However, unlike most of the figures found within the Malifaux line, I'm not digging the aesthetics of this model. 

Thus...have any of you done some conversions for this model? I'm not digging the wings specifically, and was thinking about using some plague bits from forgeworld (which might be too big). 

My primary opponent: Lady Justice (and her boxset to start). Any advice would be appreciated. 

Thanks in advance

-WW

I have 4 Skeeters and each has a different look to them. I use a lot of "props" rather than hard conversion to change them up (I can dig up a few pictures if you want). Though I like the idea of printing the wings on acetate, another option is to add iridescent medium to the paint/ washes used on the wings.

I have 4 Skeeters and each has a different look to them. I use a lot of "props" rather than hard conversion to change them up (I can dig up a few pictures if you want). Though I like the idea of printing the wings on acetate, another option is to add iridescent medium to the paint/ washes used on the wings.

Please do. It'll be appreciated. All of my stuff is currently in shipping, and as such, I haven't been able to convert anything. Thx in advance