1. Strategy: Corrupted Idols (), Deployment: Wedge Deployment ()
2. Scheme List: 3: Harness the Ley Line (Lucius), 10: Assassinate, 11: Deliver a Message, 12: Claim Jump (Seamus: Bete Noire, Lucius: Alan Reid), 13: Vendetta (Seamus: Bete Noire VS Executioner)
3. Total Time Played, Rounds Played: ~3.5 hours, 5 rounds
4. Final Score: 7 - 5
5. Player 1's Forum Name, Leader, Crew List, Strategy VP Scored, Schemes and the associated VP scored:
@re999, Lucius Mattheson:
- Lucius Mattheson (1ss cache)
- The Scribe
- Agent 46
- Alan Reid
- False Witness
- False Witness
VP total = 5: Strategy - 2, Claim Jump - 2, Harness the Ley Line - 1
6. Player 2's Forum Name, Leader, Crew List, Strategy VP Scored, Schemes and the associated VP scored:
- Seamus + The Whisper (2ss cache)
- Copycat Killer
- Madame Sybelle
- Bete Noire
- Dead Doxy + Grave Spirit's Touch
- Dead Doxy + Grave Spirit's Touch
- Rotten Belle
VP total = 7: Strategy - 3, Claim Jump - 2, Vendetta - 2
7. Any additional feedback and information from the game, as provided in the form:
TURN 1 HIGHLIGHTS:
- Seamus tried to kill False Witness with desperate jump, but failed, leaving him with a 1 wound. (12 vs 13 with focus)
- Agent 46 with a lot of movement tricks managed to charge Madame Sybelle and hit her for 3 damage.
- Doxy, Bete and Rotten Belle start to stick around the Agent 46 thx to Fast from Sloth.
TURN 2 HIGHLIGHTS:
- Seamus managed to kill Scribe with moderate damage (failed to use his corpse with bonus action because of range 2"), charge to Agent 46 for 2 damage and 1 Injured
- A lot of Orders from Lucius + Changeling at Agent 46, who managed to beat Sybelle for 6 damage (with ss reduction)
- A quite unplanned blob of Bete + Rotten Belle + Sybelle + Seamus was organized in the center of the table close to Agent 46. So, thanks to movement tricks of Rotten Belle and Dead Doxy I managed to give Fast to Rotten Belle and Bete, Focused +1 to Rotten Belle and provide couple of free attacks for Seamus with his "Why Hello, Love".
- Lucius's crew came close to the centerline for devastating third turn.
Score: 2 - 0 (Strategy, Claim Jump)
TURN 3 HIGHLIGHTS:
- Devastating activation of Lucius: with his orders he easily managed to kill Sybelle, deal about 6-7 damage to Seamus.
- Seamus is forced to jump away, so he jumps, finishes off False Witness, FINALLY uses his corpse for Bonus action and Shooting at Agent 46 (killing him thx to Redchapel Killer). Awesome feeling, that was first time for ~4-5 games where I managed to use corpse on enemy half of table for Celebrate.
- Alan Reid was extremely fast and furious, he managed to avoid all my screens of Doxies, Bete and Belle for charge Seamus. Seamus is dead by Garrote.
- Centerpoint was almost fully claimed by Seamus's girls. Half-dead Executioner spoils the fun.
- Bete + Doxies managed to deal 8 damage to Executioner. Bete damaged him for Hard to Kill's 1Wd and disengages + walks (thx Sloth) to the Centerline.
Score: 3 - 3 (Strategy, Strategy, Claim Jump, Vendetta)
TURN 4 HIGHLIGHTS:
- A massive slaughter with Doxies, Executioner and Bete: Copycat Killer is dead, Executioner is Dead, Changeling is dead, Doxy takes a hit.
- Blood shower for Idols, False Witness place 2 Scheme Markers on the Centerline.
- Lucius have only 3 models for turn 5: Lucius himself, Alan Reid, False Witness.
- Seamus have 5 models for turn 5: Bete, Doxy, Doxy, Belle, Sloth.
- I made a terrible mistake (forgot about Alan's Diversion) so Lucius managed to drop third Scheme Marker on the centerline and I wasn't able to use my Bete's Trail of Gore to remove this...
Score: 4 - 4 (Harness the Ley Line, Strategy)
TURN 5 HIGHLIGHTS:
- Lucius tried hard to slay or at least bury Bete and managed to deal 5 damage...
- Thanks to Sloth Bete healed 3 damage, so she stayed at 4Wd. That gives me the final point for Claim Jump.
- I made a terrible mistake again and just skipped my activations on Belle and Doxiy who could easily move out of 2" of Centerline Alan Reid... I totally forgot about his last Scheme.
- Second Dead Doxy killed False Witness so there's no hope for second point of Harness the Ley Line.
Score: 5 - 7 (Claim Jump, Strategy, Claim Jump, Vendetta)
I was surprised by the synergy of Seamus's crew.
Seamus - Seamus himself is very mobile and can do good damage, I knew that. But I underestimated his ability to do damage passively, out of his activation. That was really unexpected and feels so good: girls pulls enemy models around while Big Scary Daddy slaps their faces with some Injures. But the happiness did not last long, and on the third move I paid a lot for this show, I paid with the life of Seamus himself. His bonus action feels good, really thematic and strong, but with range 2" it's really hard to get that sweet benefit. I think this is pretty balanced tho: a strong effect requires some significant efforts. Seamus is EXTREMELY fragile, he's made of cracked glass and you need to plan his position and interractions with Copycat Killer. Seamus starts to demand more tactical attention. His Feast of Fear is incredibly useless in my opinion. With "Once per Activation" restriction this is simply doesn't work (at least for me) and Terrifying is still a joke: my opponents not stupid, they never even trying to trigger Terrify if they're have a risk to fail. There a lot of models with Ruthless, in this game it was Agent 46 (and I want to admit that Ruthless on Seamus is great! Finally the most scary and mad person in Malifaux actually not afraid of anyone).
My suggestion for Seamus - give him Hard to Wound at least or maybe return some healing options. I think this is not critical, but it would make it less painfull process of planning.
Bete Noire - It was not just her test game, it was her exam. There was a load of two whole Schemes on her shoulders and she brilliantly coped with her difficult task. She no longer deals damage, but can meddle well. I'm not sure that she is worth its price, given that her survival rate was significantly reduced. But you can work with it if you think out in advance of its role and approximate moves.
My suggestion for Bete Noire - Reduce her cost to 7ss (6ss would be amazing, but I afraid that's too much). I personally really miss Onslaught and really hate Unexpected Ferocity trigger. Just replace it already with Critical Strike, stop this Distracted-based-torture!
Madame Sybelle - She's not survivable (even with ss reduction and Sloth's flat 3 heal), she's not so dangerous at damage dealing, she's not so good support (Bump in the Night is pretty good tho). For 10ss she's just a... meeeh. I really love her model and I would play for her anyways, but, really, look at other 10ss models. She's close to her final place I think, but we definetely need some final weight margin at one of this three directions: beater, support, tank.
My suggestion for Madame Sybelle - 6Df or Flurry or Scarlet Temptation with range 2-3" (She's Madame btw). And she needs to exchange useless Projected Voice for something usefull. I would glad to see Lure (even without a triggers). I would happy with Lead the Way.
Dead Doxy - They are good models for 6ss, but only with Grave Spirit's Touch upgrade in my opinion. They were rather ignored in this game, but in the rest they died too quickly, especially without an upgrade.
My suggestion for Dead Doxy - Give them pounce and they're perfect. As I said before, Unexpected Ferocity trigger is a trap, whole crew need to swap it to Critical Strike if you want to give to the crew a chance to deal damage without Seamus (with damage lines like 1/2/4 and 2/3/4 any sort of Armor +1, Armor +2, Shielded becomes a dead end with a pain)
Rotten Belle - Almost useless. Yeah, Lure, okay. All my last 7-9 games with Seamus (in Closed Beta-test aswell) Belles just failing Lures (because cards in this crew is a most valuable and very limited resource) and doing schemerunning. I regretted, once again, that I did not take Nurse for 7ss or Crooligan for 5ss instead.
My suggestion for Rotten Belle - Give to her Lure for Distracted source. Just look at Lynch's Beckoner who plays the same role as Belles but waaaaay better. Their synergy is insane while they're cost same 5ss.
Sloth - Great Versitile model, totally worth his cost. With Seamus he's not so good (Seamus, Copycat Killer not Undeads) and I chose between him and the nurse.
My suggestion for Sloth - He's perfect, pretty balanced for all Masters in faction.
English is not my native language, so I apologize for the mistakes! Thanks for reading!
@re999 will surely describe his thoughts about his master in the near future.