size of the miniatures?

aesopsphere

Models from Puppet Wars Unstitched are about 25-30mm high, depends on a specific puppet. Eg. Seamus with his top hat clocks at 30mm, but Convict Gunslinger reaches only 26mm.

PS. These are my own measurements (made with a ruler), so they may be a bit inprecise :)

• 1 month later...
So, the answer is that they will work for Malifaux. Is this correct?

I recall Justin mentioning in a podcast that Puppet Wars miniatures are "Malifaux Legal", even in official tournaments and the like. However, remember that the base sizes must be correct, those pictured look a bit small, assuming the left-most nurse is on a standard 30mm base. If that's is the case you would need to base them with the correct sizes for each miniature, or perhaps put magnets on the bottom and and then corresponding mags on the correct size bases, might even give you a little extra height to make them fit in more.

I recall Justin mentioning in a podcast that Puppet Wars miniatures are "Malifaux Legal", even in official tournaments and the like. However, remember that the base sizes must be correct, those pictured look a bit small, assuming the left-most nurse is on a standard 30mm base. If that's is the case you would need to base them with the correct sizes for each miniature, or perhaps put magnets on the bottom and and then corresponding mags on the correct size bases, might even give you a little extra height to make them fit in more.

Got a link to that podcast?

I'll try and hunt down which one it was, it was something to the effect that Puppet Wars miniatures are playable since the rules on Malifaux proxy or conversion was that the model had to be recognizable to the opponent and be built off a Wyrd Miniatures model, both of which the PW models satisfy. I want today it was maybe a conversation about a Puppet wars with Bill on Gamers Lounge?

Anyone else remember re which podcast it was?

---------- Post added at 10:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 AM ----------

http://www.wyrd-games.net/showthread.php?26375-Puppet-Wars-gt-Malifaux

Here is an old post where Nilus mentions they are Malifaux legal, but did not list the specific source. I have yet to find the podcast wherever was discussed, despite having already listened to large chunks of several on high speed (annoying Chipmunk sounding voices that way, but faster). I also went back and listened to the Eric J 6/7/12 Gamers Lounge when they discuss the Puppet Wars models, but they did not discuss it there. If I find the actual podcast I'll post it, but I don't know how many old podcasts I can listen to back to back. It may even be an interview on EBO, as I know they discussed EBO models a legal proxies as well, but then again those came with cards.

---------- Post added at 10:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 AM ----------

http://www.wyrd-games.net/showthread.php?26822-Using-Puppet-models-in-Malifaux/page3

Must be an old one as here is another post where Omenbringer mentions not being able to remember who said they were tournament legal, and that was 2011, so maybe it was Eric or someone else who said it , or perhaps there is a more recent one where Justin or Mack reiterate the rule.

If Unstitched had waited until after M2E's release, then maybe it could have been planned out to include Seamus and Lady J crews consistent with their normal crew boxes and M2E stat cards for the same, so as to double bill it as a two crew introduction to Malifaux with two of the most iconic crews. Chalk that up as a missed opportunity.