Malifaux Tournament - Birmingham, UK 4th June 2011

Clousseau

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love to go to this but not sure i will be a good enough player as i only just started, and i cant get to birmingham.

Although there will be some experienced players there, less experienced gamers will be made very welcome. The so called 'Swiss' system will be used so you'll play others of similar ability/winningness.

I'm running a tournament this Sunday - it'll be one player's 3rd, 4th and 5th games (and he played his first games on Monday)!

Hope you decide to come.

And they'll be chance to practice on Friday as well as this is effectively a 3 day show.

Although there will be some experienced players there, less experienced gamers will be made very welcome. The so called 'Swiss' system will be used so you'll play others of similar ability/winningness.

I'm running a tournament this Sunday - it'll be one player's 3rd, 4th and 5th games (and he played his first games on Monday)!

Hope you decide to come.

And they'll be chance to practice on Friday as well as this is effectively a 3 day show.

The main issue stands at cost of hotel/travel/food ect it starts to build up. ill see what i can do, and if i can perfect a team i like.

Really considering this now if i can get some practice in and paint a leveticus crew, as a side note will there be people around i can meet up with on the friday/saturday night so im not there alone lol.

I'm sure they'll be people around both nights and they 'll post here (won't you!).

On the Friday there is open gaming in an hotel adjacent to the venue so you can get in some practice, and on the Sunday there will be a dedicated Malifaux open play area with some Henchmen in attendance.

Really considering this now if i can get some practice in and paint a leveticus crew, as a side note will there be people around i can meet up with on the friday/saturday night so im not there alone lol.

I've only played about a dozen games so I'm not massively experienced either but just go with the intention of having fun and you'll be fine.

I'm going to be at the Norfolk Hotel which is only £35 b+b (http://www.ukgamesexpo.co.uk/accomodation.php) but I won't be arriving until very late Friday night.

I'm also staying Saturday night as I'm playing Flames of War on Sunday so I'll be more than happy to have a pint or two on Saturday night :)

Kevin

Edited by aka_hazard

SMG have confirmed their prize support, and KR have also already sent me their contribution to the prize fund.

Final prize list will depend on the number of entrants, but I can confirm that first prize will be a very limited edition LCB Nightmare Edition plus a metal KR case! There will be other prizes down to 4th place and a chance to win things all down the order :)

SMG have confirmed their prize support, and KR have also already sent me their contribution to the prize fund.

Final prize list will depend on the number of entrants, but I can confirm that first prize will be a very limited edition LCB Nightmare Edition plus a metal KR case! There will be other prizes down to 4th place and a chance to win things all down the order :)

Now that should get a few more entries!!

Just a couple quick questions I was worried about.

Proxies/Conversion/Wyrd rule.

The conversion rule says 40% Wyrd, are non-Wyrd models alright for a proxy?

Printed cards/Up-to-date rules.

I only have v1 cards and v1 Rulebook (don't know if there was an updated book) How does this work, I would bring a printout of the update PDF, or even the PDF on my phone, but I won't have the up-to-date rules, can I still enter?

Just a couple quick questions I was worried about.

Proxies/Conversion/Wyrd rule.

The conversion rule says 40% Wyrd, are non-Wyrd models alright for a proxy?

Printed cards/Up-to-date rules.

I only have v1 cards and v1 Rulebook (don't know if there was an updated book) How does this work, I would bring a printout of the update PDF, or even the PDF on my phone, but I won't have the up-to-date rules, can I still enter?

Proxies are generally OK (see the rules pack), but must have the official card.

You don't need the rule book as long as you accept the latest ruling from the rules manual (PDF is OK). v1 cards are not valid, but again pdf is OK (but bring the v1 cards with you).

PM me if you have any further questions or want me check out a proxy.

My event that is clashing on this date, have just had one of the team pull out due to injury, so may have to cancel taking part....if that's the case, I will be taking part in this event afterall.... I really like the idea of winning the LCB Nightmare Edition!! :evil:

unrocky, have you paid for your H/WM ticket? If not, just gotta ask yourself what you would enjoy playing the most...

I will know tomorrow whether i'm free to attend this event or not....

...and even if the ticket has been bought the organisers might do a swap :)

Thing is H/WM is a 2 dayer, and I have tons of it, and have had a big break form H/WM and I'm going to 2 events, then maybe selling up. So I think I might play H/WM at this one but be in a bit of a mood all weekend! :P

And someone's offered to buy my H/WM ticket as it's sold out...

Edited by ukrocky

Ticket booked, three players coming from Leeds / Harrogate in total now.

Just want a a quick clarification on the rules pack;

RAW I only have to include models I hire at the start of the encounter into my 55ss list. In other words if there's a model I can summon I don't need to put it on the list in order to be able to summon it in game?

Eg: Suppose I'm playing Kirai (I'm not), if I don't include Shikome on my 55ss list can I still have Kirai summon one?

- James