Ruleset

yep, still in testing, not sure exactly when an open beta will start yet, if only I could get the darn closed beta people to give me some more feedback on the faction stats! ;)

Especially those arcanists, come on!

Idealy the open Beta would be early next year, so keep an eye out. It really all depends on how fast we can make this game awesome and relatively non-broken!

OK. Lets some things straight here.

Yes I am guilty of not using that feedback form. (There is a fix on the way for that. I'm just going to format the responses using the form for my posts so we can cut that crutch out from under you!)

Feedback on the Arcanists will be forthcoming as soon as some of those slacking alpha folks get off their lazy bums and give us something to work on!

Lets see you walk about on those bloody stumps now Eric!

DeKelitate...

Look, do you want swanky new updates to the Res, Guild, and Neverb first or what?

And is this chitty chat something we should be having in the open area of the forums? ;)

I actually rewrote my post before I posted it so that it didn't give anything away ;)

I was about to go into a little bit more detail on the Steamborg conversation from the other thread, but then I got to thinking that maybe its a bit too sensitive even if its a joke. We may or may not be walking the line in this conversation, but nothing has been slipped that wasn't common knowledge already, so we are still in the clear I think.

And yes please, the more swank the better on those new updates - Can't wait for the Neverborn :)

OK so ruleset is a few months away.

Can anyone at least suggest whether campaign rules, where a mini that dies stays dead, other minis in a warband gain strengths as you play over a series of scenarios/games (ala Mordheim) are part of the plan? It tends to be my general interest in skirmish battles these days, the long term ramifications of battles.

I am surprised so many greart minis are out sans a ruleset.

OK so ruleset is a few months away.

Can anyone at least suggest whether campaign rules, where a mini that dies stays dead, other minis in a warband gain strengths as you play over a series of scenarios/games (ala Mordheim) are part of the plan? It tends to be my general interest in skirmish battles these days, the long term ramifications of battles.

I am surprised so many greart minis are out sans a ruleset.

I can't answer anything to the ruleset, however for the Minis being out before the rules, that would be due to Wyrd being a mini manufacturer first with the game coming as an idea after they had already put out quite a few miniatures first.

yeah, what Kel said most likely. We're working with a ruleset which is pretty different from what's out there already, and it's a huge challenge to get it balanced and ready for release as is. I would hate to delay it even longer to get a campaign ruleset. That said, I and the rest of the designers do like the idea, so look for campaign development in a future release. (unless of course it all falls into place quicker than we expect and can slip it into now...just don't hold your breathe)

Breathe??? Shouldn't that be breath? Good thing you're not the editor!!! :P

Well given that in most places the editor isn't the guy responsible for the spell checking and fact verification (that's why they have proofreaders and factcheckers), what' that got to do with him. Editors just cut the checks and make sure the stories set the proper tone, make sure that they mesh as a whole with the overall project, they leave the true nitpicking to their assorted nits though if they catch anything glaring they'll point it. Mostly editors are like Mom and dad they keep telling you what to do and to get it done or your fired.

Edited by goblyn13

Can't fire someone who don't get paid...and actually the editors job is to make sure that all things are done correctly, including spelling, grammar and whether or not HIS/HER not HE stories set the proper tone. Ultimately the editor is responsible for the entire project before it goes to print. And before publishing houses became the monstrous beasts they are now-a-days the editor used to have to do all that work himself. Yes it's true, they're just glorified overpaid managers now, but they once had the responsibilty of quality control.