Server Move

Shutting down the forums for 4-6 hours as we're doing a complete server move. The server that we have been on for a bit now is frankly, crap. I've talked to the folks hosting the site and they are going to move everything over to a server with a much better track record and hopefully that will take care of the site timing out, being slow or just flat out not being there at all.

Sorry for the trouble folks.

-

Nathan

Website has been moved. There may be some twitches as the DNS propagates over the next couple of hours but hopefully nothing in particular.

I see that some of the posts haven't made it through as well, including a couple of mine, so my apologies for that, as the server move was started before I was made aware of it and shut down posting on the forum, otherwise it would have been a real mess.

Everything should be back up and running, 'should' see faster load times as well as less down time. Least that is the hope.

Sorry for the trouble folks.

Well it was down for a bit this morning, not sure how long, but the site went down with database and sql errors due to the move. Everything has been hammered out this time apparently and hopefully it'll be the last time we have any trouble from it (unlikely knowing our luck, but hopefully).

Yup, loading quicker now (yaaay) and I've also upgraded our server package to twice the capacity it was at (which was damn large to begin with) so we shouldn't see any bandwidth issues for a bit either.

Alrighty, just cause we're still fielding questions and the like about the server move as well as the webstore use I figure I'll be blatant in my testing.

Next ten people that place orders in the Wyrd Online Webstore and say 'BOOOYAAAH!' in the customer notes get some free stuff thrown in with their order (who knows, might be a big one, might be a couple little ones, hell I might even throw in a casting of something we haven't even released yet).

Anyhow, offers up and this will let me know if everything is rolling just fine with the webstore.