Soulstone

2 hours ago, CaptianEinsteinAlucard said:

A player in my game had an amazing questions could a soul eater harvest souls from soulstones to gain more chi

Per the rules, no, but it would certainly make sense if you decided to house rule it that way.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, EnternalVoid said:

That or force them to smash it to get the chi equal to the charges, gives them the tough call on how important that chi is *rather than let them treat it like a battery that can be recharged*

Or perhaps keep track of soulstone charges that ACTUALLY came from people's deaths. Perhaps the soul eater could use only use those charges instead of natural soulstone seep.

• Like 1

I suspect it would likely at best carry a charge equal to the amount of dust used and not be able to recharge like dust cannot recharge.  The lore suggests damaged soulstones do not recharge thus why each one lost Earthside while the breach was closed was a substantial loss.  From some of the stories and other lore bits though there are weapons and items that have a whole soulstone placed in hilts, handles, at end of staffs, cross guards, and the like.  Some of those were unique Soulstones with special properties.  I imagine you are better off going that route.