Burning at the end of the Turn

Stark

Question

Hey wyrdos, the tricky question is here)

Situation: The Sonnia Criid with Flaming Demise condition (This model gains the following Condition until the end of the Turn, “Flaming Demise: When this Condition ends, all models in p3 suffer 3 damage. If this model is killed, all models in p3 suffer 6 damage instead.” ) in btb with Lady Justice. 1" away from them is Purifying Flame (2 wounds left). At the end of the Turn resolved Flaming Demise and it kills Purifying Flame. When this model is killed, models in p2 gain Burning +2. Now LJ and Sonnia have Burning +2. Am I correct that burning resolve immediately, because that's the end of the Turn (and end of the upkeep phase)? 

5 answers to this question

I'm sorry, I must have misunderstood your question. You said it was a tricky one so I assumed you meant the one leading ot several lengthy debates.:D Of course Justice would resolve her burning if she didn't have any other conditions on her. That would be the normal way. 

The reason there is no clear answer on what I thought you were asking is because there isn't. The rules don't explain that particular interaction.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Ludvig said:

I'm sorry, I must have misunderstood your question. You said it was a tricky one so I assumed you meant the one leading ot several lengthy debates.:D Of course Justice would resolve her burning if she didn't have any other conditions on her. That would be the normal way. 

The reason there is no clear answer on what I thought you were asking is because there isn't. The rules don't explain that particular interaction.

The burning only resolves if they haven't already been through their upkeep step.

1 hour ago, santaclaws01 said:

The burning only resolves if they haven't already been through their upkeep step.

Yes, exactly. And if she didn't have any conditions prior to that she hasn't been through her upkeep no matter who was the first player since you don't resolve nothing. If the Justice player was the first player that turn and had already resolved conditions on her then she couldn't resolve them again and so would keep burning. Sorry if I oversimplified in my first post.

There are a few insanely long threads about this. 

I am of the opinion that a single model can only resolve consitions on it once per upkeep so Sonnia could end up with burning. My argument is that poison doesn't work as intended if models canresolve conditions several times.

24 minutes ago, Ludvig said:

There are a few insanely long threads about this. 

I am of the opinion that a single model can only resolve consitions on it once per upkeep so Sonnia could end up with burning. My argument is that poison doesn't work as intended if models canresolve conditions several times.

You mean this and this? There is no clear answer((

And actually the question was about burning on lady Justice)
But thanks to you now I'm confused about Sonnia :lol: