2017 Errata - Dawn of Lucius ^^

Tris

On 12/30/2016 at 3:57 AM, trikk said:

After you pass a Horror Duel you are immune to Horror duels from that model until the end of turn. You can walk. Target yourself with Commanding Presence. Pass Horror. Walk again but you're immune to horror duels so you can't target yourself again but you can target different models. I do think that the lack of "other" model is probably a typo and hopefully will be fixed :P

Probably an oversight, but I'd also not be surprised if they let it run free in the wild and see where Lucius shakes up competitively.  If something is really the worst its often impossible to really tell the point where its overbuffed.  If you're going to cuddle the master that has historically been the worst in the game, you might as well give him a chance to earn it first as long as its not an unbounded oversight like something that grants infinite attacks or something like that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LunarSol said:

Probably an oversight, but I'd also not be surprised if they let it run free in the wild and see where Lucius shakes up competitively.  If something is really the worst its often impossible to really tell the point where its overbuffed.  If you're going to cuddle the master that has historically been the worst in the game, you might as well give him a chance to earn it first as long as its not an unbounded oversight like something that grants infinite attacks or something like that.

I largely agree, granted I understand the idea and possible concern for it, at the same time I will also say that somehow it does make some sence aswell. 

Lucius is allready very card hungry and I feel that this part plays into that aswell, in addition it allows him to play more upfield which seems to be the continious intention of his design, which didn't come to light because of his previous 'heavy' restrictions.

As I joked about it, it is true that many commented on him being a supposed high power in the Guild and that there was very little that reflected it.
I have to admit I missed it last test (non scheme, just fooling around with a small 26 point crew to get a feeling with him) but I cannot say it's technically broken allready... I'd really have to test it. It's certainly powerful, yet most masters are and should be.