2017 - Masters Qualification Rules?

mythicFOX

We're closing on the end of the year again and we need to discuss the rules for qualifying for the 2017 UK Masters.

Below are the rules we used this year (2016); with a few slight amendments for clarity, and updated dates.

We've a few weeks before we need to lock the rules down so I'd really welcome thoughts from the whole community about these.  Are there any changes we should consider making?  What works and what doesn't? 

DRAFT 2017 MASTERS QUALIFICATION

i) Timing and Events:

1. The 2017 season will run 01/01/17 to 30/11/17. 
  2. Sixteen players will be invited to the 2017 Masters, to be held at some point after 30/11/17, probably in January 2018.
  3. Exact; format, date, and location of the 2017 Masters event to be confirmed closer to the time. 

ii) Eligibility:

To be eligible to receive an invite a player must be;

1. Active and in good standing within the UK Malifaux community.
  2. Have played in a minimum of at least four ranked events held during the 2017 season.
  3. Not have been disqualified from a Malifaux event of any kind held during the year of 2017.

iii) Invitations:

Invites to be given as follows;

1. No player may receive more than one invite. 
  2. One invite offered to the reigning 2016 Master, who will be decided at the event in January 2017.
  3. One invite offered to the winner of the UK Nationals (aka UKGT) in 2017.
  4. The remaining invites are to be offered to the highest ranked players who are able to attend, based on the player rankings for UK events held in the 2017 season.* 
  5. Invites to be offered down the rankings until Masters is quorate at sixteen players. 

*Player rankings and their administration are a separate matter to be handled elsewhere. 

Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Psientologist said:

Looks good to me though "active and in good standing" feels possibly opinion based. 
I understand it but the "not disqualified" bit feels enough.

@mythicFOXAre we discussing possible changes to rankings here or are we waiting for @NoMoreMrNiceKai and his lovely numbers he has been telling us?

Side note but is there a thread for changes to the rankings system?

'Active and good standing' does seem to be covered by the no disqualification and 4 event rule. However it allows for a judgement to be made that has been 'written' into the rules for players who may show a poor/abusive attitude outside of events that may cause distress for others.

I assume this is the reasoning for this extra?

(note im not saying this exsists)

7 hours ago, jondoe297 said:

'Active and good standing' does seem to be covered by the no disqualification and 4 event rule. However it allows for a judgement to be made that has been 'written' into the rules for players who may show a poor/abusive attitude outside of events that may cause distress for others.

I assume this is the reasoning for this extra?

(note im not saying this exsists)

Thinking about it (more awake) I believe you're right.

May've been to 4 tournaments, won 4 and then is found to be a known (insert criminal types/racists etc.)

• 1 month later...