new to malifaux

zero6505

Question

Hello all,

I'm very new to malifaux and after playing my 1st game last night i have found 2 questions i cant seem to find the answers for.

1. when using the never born "grow" ability does the newly summoned nephilim get to activated on the same turn he was summoned?( example- terror tot activates makes a kill and grows into young nephilim then young nephilim can activate during my next action.)

2. does the loss of a leader effect the game at all?

other then these two questions it was a wonderful game and i look forward to getting theses things figured out 

3 answers to this question

1) yes, it gets to activate, but remember as a summoned model it gains the slow condition, and it cannot interact the turn it is summoned.

2) in general, no. This isn't like warmachine or any other game where there is a basic rule that you lose or something else bad happens when your leader is killed. The specific scenario might have something to do at that time, but in general, no. The only thing that happens when you lose your leader is you lose your leader.

1. when using the never born "grow" ability does the newly summoned nephilim get to activated on the same turn he was summoned?( example- terror tot activates makes a kill and grows into young nephilim then young nephilim can activate during my next action.)

I want to clarify.  The summoned young nephilim can activate during your next activation. It does not activate as part of the terror tots action.