New player looking for help with Lady J.

John White Jr

So a buddy got me into Malifuax, and we got a couple homemade games in (we are both deployed so the models were just 30mm paper circles). Now he has played before and has a crew that he is good with, I have tryed a couple of crews from different factions, but love the Lady J. crew but i cant get the crew to work well with each other to form a working team. So I was wondering if anyone has some tips on playing the Lady J. crew?

Lady Justice and Judge are your beatsticks. When dealing damage Death Marshalls are better at shooting than melee, also good at schemes and strategies. Take upgrades based on schemes and strategies.  I liked to have lead lined coat on the Judge.  They are a pretty straight forward crew and fairly versatile for a starting crew.  If you are new some fundamentals you should learn are:  when to save your cards, who and when to activate, how to use your environment to your advantage, and how each model works.

Death Marshal carry propably one of the best things in ml, the pinebox, you don't have to kill a model to get a model off the table with the bury mechanic on the box. You really want to use the pinebox a lot. It can be used on a charge as well. 

Hey, welcome to the Guild and Malifaux in general. It's not easy to answer your question apart from commonplaces since you didn't specify your problems. In general, Lady Justice's crew is straightforward enough that new players get her style rather fast.

The tactica wiki is still under construction, but some pointers can be found there

For more of a general discussion I'd like to point you to the following threads about the crew from the past months:

Link

Link

Link

Link

I recommend doing some reading there. If you have further questions we'll be happy to add information.