Charging oneself?

Dirial

Question

Just read over the (2) Charge action because of the Executioner discussion in the Guild category. This silly question came to my mind:

Can a model charge itself? Shouldn't be possible, but is it forbidden by the rules?

Charge is a Tactical Action, which can target the model itself. Then, you move the model in a straight line. This move has to end with the charged model in the engagment range of the charging model.

The real question is therefore: Is a model in its own melee range? Shouldn't be, but I couldn't find conclusive evidence.

Follow-up question: If I'm wrong and you can charge youself, what happens to the melee attacks? Those are Attack Actions, which can not be targeted at the model itself.

Now, this has nothing to do with the original question anymore. I think, we are all on the same page here: There is a silly but possible rule interpretation that allows charging oneself, and no one wants that to work. It has been 9 months since the new rules came out and only now this thing came to attention. Perhaps my mind is exceptionally strange that it came to attention at all. Perhaps I am said better idiot. Doesn't matter now.

That the rules aren't 100% perfectly worded is not the end of the world. How such a minor problem like this particular one is handled is for the devs to decide. Hopefully, another 4 pages of discussion will not be needed.