Favorite Scheme runner?

4thstringer

a 12 point scheme runnter...

For the same points you can get a Lone Marshal and a guild guard. So you can place scheme markers on different side and also deal damage, have an activatin more and so on.

I am really no friend of the Pale Rider. 12 points is just so expensive...but yeah, he can place scheme markers without loosing dmg. He is strong enough that he can win games nearly alone (shooting every turn while accomplishing schemes), but he can also loose you a game if you flip the balck joker on an early turn and your opponent lands a too lucky hit.

Honestly, if you aren't evaluating every model you have every round and using its actions in the way most likely to gain AP over your opponent, then you are wasting the model's activation.

I do frequently use more expensive models as scheme runners, because that is what will win the game at that point. i don't bring them as scheme runners, but if, at the time, that is the best use for them, then that is what they get used as.

Also, If losing a 12 point model early in the game loses you the game, you need to seriously rethink your crew selection. Yeah, it's a lot of points, but GUild has a lot of good lower point models that can carry on. And Black Jokers Suck, but it also means you aren't going to get another one. 

• 2 weeks later...

a 12 point scheme runnter...

For the same points you can get a Lone Marshal and a guild guard. So you can place scheme markers on different side and also deal damage, have an activatin more and so on.

I am really no friend of the Pale Rider. 12 points is just so expensive...but yeah, he can place scheme markers without loosing dmg. He is strong enough that he can win games nearly alone (shooting every turn while accomplishing schemes), but he can also loose you a game if you flip the balck joker on an early turn and your opponent lands a too lucky hit.

He is expensive for scheme running, yes. But technically he is doing it for "free". As dropping his scheme marker and pushing 4 inches is a zero action, which leaves his other two actions to shoot stuff and deal decent damage.

Or, zero action and push 4 inches drop scheme marker, then move again and drop another scheme marker. That's 2 scheme markers a turn. There aren't many models in the game that can do that. This kind of scheme marker shenanigans makes Colette jealous. Even if you're using him just for schemes, he is going to attract a lot of attention from your opponent and your opponent is going to have a hard time bringing him down, especially in later turns. One model, can achieve half your schemes or potentially all of them.

I'd say that's worth 12 soul stones.

• Like 2