Ultimate Noob Question, Building a Crew

James Gus

Hey yall,

Finally took the leap and jumped into the game.  Devoured the small rulebook last night, but I have what I think may be a no brainer question, but I thought I'd ask anyway just to be clear before I start getting into games.

When you are building your crew do you have all models from that faction available to you (all other things being equal and restrictions aside?)  For instance, if I take Marcus as a master, can I have a Railworker or a December Acolyte in my crew?  I'm not saying I want to, I'm just trying to understand what exactly the rules are for crew construction.

Thanks in advance for the help!

• Like 1

Yes, you have open to you, All the units in your declared faction. All models with the Mercenary characteristics and all models that your master allows you to hire. Some masters may have extra hiring options.

the crew is all paid for out of your Decided soulstone amount for that game. So a 35ss game you would get your Leader for free, and then pay the ss cost for each model and upgrade. you would pay 1 additional 1ss for each model with the mercenary characteristic that you take outside of your declared faction. Any remaining ss from the hiring say you only hire 33ss worth of models that remaining 2ss would be added to your masters starting cache up to a maximum starting total of 7ss

• Like 1