Damage prevention - multiple sources?

cyenobite

Question

Question on Damage prevention when breaking a soulstone...

Does the mitigation only happen when the final damage it calculated from ALL sources?

Example: Madame Sybelle playing against Pandora... She takes 3 damage, but because she failed a WP duel, she took 1 damage from 2 different "ghost guys" (Sry, I don't know their name)... for a total of 5 damage points.
I was told the damage mitigation only applies to one of the attacks, but I'm not really seeing that wording in the rulebook.

Thanks for clarification. My Searching of forums did not find this answer.

5 answers to this question

Damage from multiple sources isn't totaled at any point in the sequence.

Damage from a single source, say damage from the flip, plus critical strike, plus a damage bonus aura, will all be totaled before you prevent (or reduce for that matter).

In a case like Pandora, she hits you for 3; then after that damage is fully resolved (including reduction, prevention, hard to kill, dying, dropping counters, etc) , you take 1 damage from a Sorrow then, after that damage is fully resolved, you take 1 damage from the other Sorrow.

In a case like Pandora, she hits you for 3; then after that damage is fully resolved (including reduction, prevention, hard to kill, dying, dropping counters, etc) , you take 1 damage from a Sorrow then, after that damage is fully resolved, you take 1 damage from the other Sorrow.

That sounds about right.

Just to add to the distinction of suffering extra damage, Misery says to suffer the damage "after resolving the current Action," which is why the damage isn't calculated together. However, something like Raspuntina's Shatter (Child of December upgrade) that declares the Demolish trigger would add all the damage into one lump sum.