General Rules Clarification please!

Chimpsarse

Question

Hi guys. I am demo'ing a game to a friend tomorrow and have only played once myself so just wanted to clarify a couple of things please..(btw I can't start a new paragraph for some reason!!). 1) on P19 of the small rulebook..."if the duel had a Fate Modifier with one or more (-) remaining (after cancellations), the player may not cheat fate". Does that mean you can never cheat fate on a negative flip? and 2) I am a bit confused as to how many chain actions can be performed in a row. For example Mei Feng's Rail Walker. Is it effectively 1 AP for Rail Walker + Express Line and it ends there? Are there any actions that do create endless loops (in theory) in this edition? Thanks very much and apols for the block of text!!

12 answers to this question

Hi guys. I am demo'ing a game to a friend tomorrow and have only played once myself so just wanted to clarify a couple of things please..(btw I can't start a new paragraph for some reason!!). 1) on P19 of the small rulebook..."if the duel had a Fate Modifier with one or more (-) remaining (after cancellations), the player may not cheat fate". Does that mean you can never cheat fate on a negative flip? and 2) I am a bit confused as to how many chain actions can be performed in a row. For example Mei Feng's Rail Walker. Is it effectively 1 AP for Rail Walker + Express Line and it ends there? Are there any actions that do create endless loops (in theory) in this edition? Thanks very much and apols for the block of text!!

I don't have a book with me, but I do remember something like "additional attacks caused by triggers or abilities are considered as having been paid its AP cost for".

So if Mei Feng (I don't have her card) has additional actions on her triggers, you can spam them as long as you have the required suits and they can declare triggers. When an additinal ability cannot activate more abilities or declare triggers, it is directly noted in the card.

I don't have a book with me, but I do remember something like "additional attacks caused by triggers or abilities are considered as having been paid its AP cost for".

So if Mei Feng (I don't have her card) has additional actions on her triggers, you can spam them as long as you have the required suits and they can declare triggers. When an additinal ability cannot activate more abilities or declare triggers, it is directly noted in the card.

Thanks very much guys. So the mei feng card more or less reads:

Rail walker Ca 7 (tomb) etc etc

(Tomb) expressline: if successful immediately perform a rail walker action

So the trigger is automatic right? You don't actually need a tomb card. Do you have to cast the 2nd rail walker or is it automatic? Can there be a 3rd?

Thanks again

Hey Luke! For the issue with writing the post in a block, I had the same problem, you just need to click on one of those buttons above the text, I think the editing one, ("Aa or a/A") and that should solve the issue :)

Good to see we played Mei Feng correctly on our first game! :)

Thomas