Space Hulk Squad Gideon

odinsgrandson

Well, I posted up my squad Lorenzo as I painted them up. But when I finished off Squad Gideon, they didn't get photographed right away.

So, here they are. I had a bit of a block going into this set, as I wanted to have something subtle show the difference between the two squads, without making them look like they were from a different chapter. In the end I chose to make all of the jewels a different color (Lorenzo's squad has blue jewels, rather than the green ones here).

squad-gideon-1.jpg

squad-gideon-2.jpg

squad-gideon-3.jpg

squad-gideon-5.jpg

squad-gideon-4.jpg

Also, I updated my Librarian Calistarius. I had originally painted him with metallic metals, and without dark lining. Last thing I did on the set was paint him in Non metallic metals to match the rest of the Space Hulk set.

librarian-2.jpg

these look great. i've always gone for a more traditional cherry red for blood angels, but these still look great.

I took one, and mounted a magnet in it, then to a normal GW 40mm base that a termi would use, and cut plasticard to create a socket for the space hulk base to socket down into with a bagnet under the base to hold it tight. used various textured plasticard to make it look like industrial flooring. spent all that time, and painted it up as a test model, and then realized i would never use terminators with this wargear in a blood angels list. since that point, all my models have been sitting in foam untouched. kinda lost motivation.