M2E and Metal Figures

Mysterioso

Hey all,

Not exactly new, but I figure this may be the best place to put my question. I like Malifaux quite a lot, I'm fascinated by the strange mix of steampunk/western/horror/victorian/whatever. I was trying to get into Malifaux before, but I fell off that wagon for various reasons. Now I'm getting the 2nd Edition rulebook very soon, and I think it will be a good time to jump in.

I was searching for an answer to the query I had, but couldn't find any. Is Wyrd planning to redo everything in plastic? I'm fine with that for the most part, I think I will vastly prefer plastics to drilling and pinning metal models. On the other hand, I do like some of the new art, others not so much. So if everything is being redone to match the new art, I'll have to plan around that because I really like some of the metal sculpts

Might be worth to mention, they don't expect all plastics to be redone until late 2014, maybe a bit into 2015 if I recall correctly. So it might be worth to get the metal versions now, if you don't want to wait. They've announced their release schedule up until January 2014 so far. The rest we don't know.