So how is Seamus treating you guys?

HoboDevil

For me it's a moral victory. Every game I've played with my Belles I had to plot meticulously to get off their pounces in pairs or more because the opponent just didn't put them where I wanted. It may be because I am a friggin tard, but still! Can't wait for my next game when I get to finally be the one to point and declare a hearty "Hah!"!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lure shenanigans besides, I'd say that it would be a good idea for Wyrd to clarify whether or a not a model needs to physically move on the table to count as having been "moved."

Pg 42 under Movement currently reads:

When a model moves, it does not have to move up to the full distance allowed. For instance, a model with a Wk of 5 performing the Walk Action may move only 2" if it chooses, it does not have to move the full 5".

If I were Wyrd (and I'd love to work for these fine folks wink wink nudge nudge) I would add an addendum to that reading (depending on their ruling):

A model needs to (OR does not need to) move at least some distance in order to count as having moved.

For the record, my assumption would be that yes, you need to move the model at least a little bit, but we won't know for sure until we get a clarification. Otherwise I could just be like "I'm spending 1 AP on a Walk Action and not moving," which doesn't make much sense. (Amusing images of Belles forcing enemy models to run in place notwithstanding.)

• 4 weeks later...
For me it's a moral victory. Every game I've played with my Belles I had to plot meticulously to get off their pounces in pairs or more because the opponent just didn't put them where I wanted. It may be because I am a friggin tard, but still! Can't wait for my next game when I get to finally be the one to point and declare a hearty "Hah!"!

How did it go? *grin*

• 1 month later...

About 6 games in and I'm loving the new seamus so far. Very different to the old version though.

Much more offense. I can actually kill stuff easily with shooting or melee. Also the new copy cat killer adds a massive offensive boost.

Way more squishy. I only ever lost seamus once in ME1.5 but have lost him twice in version 2 already! The point someone made earlier about not taking on heavy hitters is very true and has been hard to adjust to for me.

The mobility from the teleport is extreamly usefull too and adds another dimention to seamus. I like to place CCK in an isolated and vulnerable position, when my opponent moves in for the kill I teleport away leaving my opponent out of position.

Belles are the same but the improvement of the minions across the whole faction provides for far more variety in crew selection.

I love the new nurse!! My favorite minion in ME2. Such a versatile and effective support minion. So far I have been facing a lot of armor so I have been using mortimer to summon corpses and throw poison.

Also been loving the flesh construct as a tank. One game I managed to heal him from 2hp back to full with a nurse, use accomplice to clear the paralyze and then card drain with seamus and copycat to empty my opponents hand for a reactivate! So much fun.