My first showcase thread, Seamus and bonus Showgirl crew

Carasz

I just had to get my hands on the old Seamus model, it's one of the best Wyrd has done. Now that the plastics are coming, I had to take the chance. With such a canvas, I just had to try my best.

I present to you, probably the best model I've painted in 15 years.

I've, for the first time, experimented with non-metallic metallic and layering, where I normally just paint to tabletop standard. It was great fun, probably took me about 7 hours (from opened box to finish).

post-13225-13911930630165_thumb.jpg

Front

post-13225-13911930631176_thumb.jpg

Back

I missed the part where I should have taken a photo from the side, so his bag 'o tricks is visible.

And here is my mainstay crew, Colette and her troupe. These were the first Wyrd models I bought, and have used them to practice my painting. Painting never was my thing, but it's become quite fun.

post-13225-13911930633477_thumb.jpg

The fluff says Mannequins belong to the performers and the Coryphée are Colette's and Cassandra's personal (and improved) Mannequins and I wanted the paint scheme to reflect this. They wear the spare set of clothes that belong to their respective performer.

post-13225-13911930634676_thumb.jpg

post-13225-13911930636552_thumb.jpg

post-13225-13911930635849_thumb.jpg

Also took a picture of one of my stolen from my almost finished Hamelin crew. This was mainly to see how they stood up to being in front of the camera.

post-13225-1391193063238_thumb.jpg

Comments and critique welcome, especially on Seamus as he has been my practice object. The showgirls probably wont get any more attention, got new crews to paint, but I can take the experience with me.

that blue is awesome. so rich. if i had to find something to make a suggestion on, it would be the gun hand glove color choice. tan isotoner gloves on a wood stock pistol can lose definition and blend together on the table. I probably would have either gone with black leather gloves, or a much lighter tan like a baseball glove, or paint it as bare flesh.

but like i said, thats really searching for something to give you feedback on. your skin shading and highlighting on the face is very nice as well.