Worldwide M2E Vassal league

scuttlebut

Hi everyone,

with the M2E leagues finishing when the open beta closes, I thought I'd get the cogs turning to prepare for the next round of Vassal leagues. The league will be M2E and will be starting once the M2E book is released (precise date to be confirmed). It will serve to allow players to get experience of M2E by playing against masters that may not be played in their local area and will also allow us to test some of the second wave public beta models (books 2-4).

Anybody in the world is free to sign up and leagues will be split up based upon timezones. A league will consist of between 6 and 8 players (assuming that amount of interest) and everyone in the same league will play each other once.

The league will consist of one game a fortnight. If a player wishes for more games than this they are welcome to sign up for two leagues which will give them two games a fortnight. However if there is only one league running in your timezone then you are only permitted to enter it once.

What I will ask from you: league games to be played within the time frame and results to be communicated to me along with any extra material required (scheme pool etc). Obviously a mature attitude as this will only work if we all work together.

What you can expect from me: fixtures to be sent out on time every fortnight by email. League breakdowns and stats to be posted to the forum at the end of each round.

Basically you play your game, send me the result and then I do all the work will regards to collating them, posting them and communication your next game to you.

The current formats for the leagues are still to be determined but will more than likely be fixed faction with game sizes chosen by players between 35ss and 50ss. This is so that new players do not have to spend 5-6 hours playing one game but also so that more experienced players are free to play a larger game. Strategy and scheme pool will be randomly determined as per rule book. There will be no restriction of schemes from game to game (if you flip bodyguard and protect territory every game then you are free to select them).

If this sounds like something that would interest you then send an email to vassalfaux@gmail.com. The email should contain your name, your forum name, an email address that you don't mind sharing with the other players in your league, your location in the world as well as your timezone. I will then have a list of people that are interested and nearer the time I can contact you directly to get faction choice etc

Regards,

scuttlebut