Quick query: locatio of the official Breach

Finnegan

Hello people,

I've finally started to work on a written piece (took me long enough) and want to make sure I have things right.

Do we have any official indication as to where the Breach is on Earth? I am under the impression that it is in the USA, but don't know if that is true, and if it is, don't have any more details than this.

Can anyone with a keener eye or memory than mine help me out?

Yeh, I've only read the 1.5 book and I don't think it gives a state or anything. I'm pretty certain it's located in the US out West though. I always figured Arizona. -D I think that'd make sense for the time period with all the Asian influences and rail working.

I tend to work on the assumption that Earthside is the same as our world unless stated otherwise. Obviously there's a more steampunky thing going on, but I assume the basic continents are the same at the very least.

And tldanon, those are all the reasons I thought it was California! I just swapped Gold Rush for Soul Stone Rush.

There was hits of more, smaller, and less stable gateways scattered across Earthside in the 1.5 rulebook. It is from these that others operate, or use, but it kind of suggests that not being as stable means only windows of use and limited size might mean inability to have a train or even rail system running through it. It might be that their size and exact position shifts slightly or something that prevents the sort of operation that the Guild has on the Main Breach.

Also I have to see about getting my book back from one of our group but I thought it also mentioned somewhere New Amsterdam in the book too as the City that you take the train from to get to the Breach.

I vaguely recall something about The Breach being the big one under Guild supervision but there were some smaller ones that opened later.

Yep! Which is why the Guild is flippin out and doing what they can to not lose their grip on the way they've manipulated the social structure of Malifaux. A part of the story I love the most...the powerful oppressive group slowly loosing their seat by the common folk standing up to them. That's what I get out of it anyway.