Assembling the Warpig -

Hamsterbacke

Hi together,

my starter set for Somer Teeth arrived today, but sadly the head of the warpig is missing in the box :-(

So I just wanted to ask if I can assemble and paint it now, and glue the head later onto the body when it arrives? Or is the warpig assembled in a way that you have to glue the body "around the head"?

Thanks!

Guest frogimus

Mine required making quite a bit of the neck with greenstuff. But my set was bought about 3 years ago, so the mould may have changed since then.

Mine required making quite a bit of the neck with greenstuff. But my set was bought about 3 years ago, so the mould may have changed since then.

I agree, I used quite a bit of greenstuff for this one, mostly at the head/neck but down the back as well along the seam. I just bought it a month or so ago so the mold should be about the same.

Guest frogimus

If this helps anyone, I used 120-grit sandpaper on a flat surface to lap each body half down flat. The two halves hold tight with just superglue (no pins) when you get the join flat. A little greenstuff hair on the resulting joint makes a pretty solid looking pig body.

Since the feet/legs are so tiny, I actually pinned it to the base through the lowest point of the chest and hid the pin with a Silflor tuft.

Thanks for the answers so far - so if want to use greenstuff I have to wait with the painting of the body?

Edit: I just started with Malifaux and miniatures, so I didnt even know what greenstuff was when I just read it first - had to look it up.*wink*

Edited by Hamsterbacke

Guest frogimus

Might scratch the paint a bit while you're modeling the GS. But you should be able to blend OK. It really depends on your painting style/technique and how much custom color mixing you do.