Summoned Shikome and Prey?

D-A-C

Question

Hi guys.

I'm finally putting my Kirai crew to use and I just whanted to check the 'Prey' Rule for the Shikome.

1. If I were to purchase a Shikome for 8ss I obviously select a Prey before the initiative flip as it says on the stat card. So no problem there.

2. Now, the errta states:

'Single Minded' the wording in the book is correct. "Before the Initiative Flip on Turn 1, this model's Controller must nominate an enemy model in play as this model's Prey." This model does not select a Prey when summoned.

So, I do not select a model when summoned. However, can I use my (All) Action 'New Prey' to aquire a target for my Shikome and thus get all the bonuses? It clearly states,

(All) New Prey': This model regains Single Minded and must nominate a new model as its Prey.'

If so, I'm not understanding what the errata has actually done. Where people summoning a Shikome, choosing a prey once summoned and still moving as normal that turn? Was that the problem.

The way I see it, you can summon a Shikome, use New Prey (and ok miss a full activation), but then still go on get all the nice bonuses of Fast and + Attack and Damage when within 4" of the target for the subsequent turns.

Is that correct? Like I said, I'm not sure how the model was run pre-errata so I'm just a little confused as to what the errata has done.

As always, thanks in advance guys.

5 answers to this question

If so, I'm not understanding what the errata has actually done.

You're missing context. In between the printing of the card, and the errata you're reading, there was another errata. In that other errata, that you've never seen, summoned Shikome got to select a Prey the moment they entered play.

That sentence is for people who were playing off that middle errata.

Thanks for all the responses guys.

That's exactly how I used it today. Summoned it in turn 1 with Kirai, then used my all action to assign prey to my Grude Scheme target.

On a totally unrelated note ... I managed to kill my prey ... hurray!

As I said, thanks for the help and quick responses. Although I must admit the sound of a Shikome being summoned, then AUTOMATICALLY getting prey and then being able to move three times in one turn seems broken lol. So probably a good errata there :)