Stat Card Marking?

SteelSaxon

Hello, just got into Malifaux and was curious about how people mark their wounds on the model cards. I've seen a lot of people laminate them but I'd like to keep them able to fold. Would I be able to mark the cards directly with an expo marker? I didnt want to try :P

Thanks!

If you don't want to laminate them, you can slot them in a card holder for a game and mark that.

Our group prefers to use little dice to mark wounds taken on the models. That way it is also easier for you anbd your enemy to see what has been wounded where instead of having to glance and search for the card.

The game offers enough room to place a small dice next to each model.

Maybe your games. :-P

I've seen people do it, but I've also seen models so bunched up that it got more confusing than just Expo or Crayola markers on toploader sleeves / laminated cards. Now, maybe really small dice on the base of the model, then it might be a little easier, but, like with all dice situations, they get bumped all the time.

Or maybe Malifaux finally broke my dice addiction, and I don't want to risk it coming back.

---------- Post added at 08:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 PM ----------

I keep mine in 3 1/2 by 5 1/8 toploaders and mark them

Those be the ones.

They also give me the chance to highlight (on the toploader, not the stat card) abilities I keep forgetting. [If I highlighted on the card, I'd be likely to have the whole stat card covered in glowing shades of highlighter, which wouldn't do me any good either.]

I have found that laminating is the best way to go. I understand that you want to be able to fold the cards but over time the cards will wear out on the crease and rip in half. Not only that but the cards are more susceptible to wear on the edges and will start to look ratty. Finally at some point a drink will be spilled on them which is easily cleaned off of a laminated card but not so much off of an unprotected one..

I have found that laminating is the best way to go. I understand that you want to be able to fold the cards but over time the cards will wear out on the crease and rip in half. Not only that but the cards are more susceptible to wear on the edges and will start to look ratty. Finally at some point a drink will be spilled on them which is easily cleaned off of a laminated card but not so much off of an unprotected one..

What he said, but sub in toploader / card sleeve.

It's up to personal preference. Mine just happens to be on the sleeves. They might cost more than whichever method of lamination people choose, but I look at it as $10 can sleeve 25 or more of my models, all in a matter of seconds. I find they're more durable than anything I've ever had that was laminated, as laminated or not, cards (especially corners) bend.

And, as we've seen before, stat cards get changes and updates. If a card changes, I can just unsleeve it and put the new version in, all without having to use even more laminate.