Colette shows Misaki how its done- twice.

pixelante

So I have just gotten home from a small tournament at Conquest Melbourne that was run by Zepnick Games. Overall I came second winning three games and drawing the last. But in my defense it was contain power against Zoirida :ranged:1_Exhausted_Puppet: yeah it was like that.

But I thought I'd share some fun caster kills I made in my other three games. In the first game my opponent throws out Misaki to take down the Coryphee before it can duet but doesn't succeed. So Colette is all like "stacks on Misaki!" The Corphyee forms Voltron and hits Misaki doing average damage and triggering Hypnotic Movements making all Misaki's resists take a :-fate . Mechanical Dove flies up and casts Magician's Duel for a bit more damage, followed by Colette with another Magician's Duel that leaves Misaki on 2 wounds and finally Cassandra dances in does her blonde act making Misaki's defence a :-fate and takes the last wounds for a first turn caster kill :D

The second game I begin by asking my opponent how many soulstones he has and he responds 0, I blink, add up his crew and say ok, because I thought she was like Outcasts masters with a 0 cache. Anyway I draw a red joker with my first hand and I'm like I know who this is for and I lure Misaki in with some Doves and then illusionist into range and hit her with an overpowered Magician's Duel and cheat in the red joker and flip severe. After he removes Misaki I ask to see his card again and point out she had 4 SS to spend, not that it really mattered because Colette had reactivate and plenty of SS to pelt at Misaki until she stopped twitching.

Lesson learned, know you master and never leave them unsupported.

The third game was against Lady J with a Guardian, Pale Rider, two Witchling Stalkers and Nino. I Fielded Colette, 2 Coryphee, Performer, Johan, Oiran and a Dove. The Strategy was Slaughter Gaining Ground Variant and my opponent took Bodyguard and Kill Protege (Coryphee), while I took an Eye for and Eye and Kill Protege (Pale Rider).

We start the game with a bit of shuffling, Oiran goes defensive, the Performer picks some flowers in the forest and the Mannequin attaches itself to Colette (I think).

My opponent, forced to deploy first had a small cottage braced by two fences, on one side was Nino and the two Stalkers and on the other side the rest of his crew. The middle of the board was dominated by this ruined tower/tree thing that you can buy from Battlefield in a box. Why is this important? Because I kept the tower between my crew and Nino's line of sight. So in the shuffle Nino and the Stalkers move up trying to get some line of sight.

Colette activates, gets reactivate and SS manipulates for a SS and buries Johan with disappearing act. Guardian does its thing the Dove sings a tune and the Pale Rider comes forward and tries to shoot someone, Lady J had also activate by this time as well. Corphyee activates moves within 8 of the Pale Rider. Colette reactivates swaps places with the Corpyhee and goes for Mannequin replacement Cheating in a tome and flipping two crows |: not even a stinking :masks for a refund. I curse, shrug and unbury the Rider in the midst of my crew and in melee with Johan :D I dance Together the Corphyee and then I win initiative. Johan flurrys and hits for weak, weak and miss, just as I'm about to hand it over to my opponent I suddenly remember that Johan has Solidarity because he is within 3" of Colette giving me the 2 CB to turn the miss into a hit and the Pale rider is pasted all over the side of the tower/tree thingy. Lady J walks up and tries to deck Colette and I flip the red joker and Lady J the bird as I swap out Colette for the Performer who is solidly impaled on Lady J's big stick. It is ruled that the reactivate from Precious can be given to a model that hasn't activated, so I give it to the Coryphee Duet who select sword dance double move to Nino and striking him twice. Guardian moves up to Lady J and uses it 0 ability. Colette casts Discharge Soulstone at the Guardian fails, reconsiders and casts Disappearing Act flipping a 12 of :tomes and discarding a SS for a 2 of :tomes and 3 of :tomes and turning it into a Mannequin in melee with Lady J.

I think I have my activations messed up, but anyway the combats continue Nino and the Stalkers duke it with the Corpyhee Duet that polishes off Nino with its reactivation.

In the following turn my opponent wins initiative and activating Lady J beats up a Mannequin and a Dove. The Duet activate to put paralyze on one Stalker and Slow on the other with Blinding, the slowed Stalker gives the Corpyhee a solid spanking in return. Colette activates, staggers out of the forest and falls short of Magician's Duel with Lady J and goes for a reactivate. The remaining Mannequin activates companions with Colette and the Oiran, tries to mess with Lady J and fails. Colette moves up and gets a Magician's Duel off on Lady J and the Oiran lures Lady J into melee with Johan who flurries again for some damage only to get a sword to the face from Riposte putting him on one wound. Lady J is at about half wounds at this point and has been popping SS like candy using her last one to get the riposte off.

In the last turn I win initiative and elect to flurry with Johan, again, I finish off Lady J. In return my opponent kills the Corpyhee leaving me with three significant models to his two giving me 4 VP to his 2 and tied with the strategy.

All in all I was pretty pleased with how I went, I acknowledge that it seemed that most of my opponents were unfamiliar with Colette and also relatively inexperienced, but then I havn't played much either, the only real difference was that in the week leading up to the event I took the time to read and watch the various strategy guides out there for the Showgirls and read their cards.

The second game I begin by asking my opponent how many soulstones he has and he responds 0, I blink, add up his crew and say ok, because I thought she was like Outcasts masters with a 0 cache. Anyway I draw a red joker with my first hand and I'm like I know who this is for and I lure Misaki in with some Doves and then illusionist into range and hit her with an overpowered Magician's Duel and cheat in the red joker and flip severe. After he removes Misaki I ask to see his card again and point out she had 4 SS to spend, not that it really mattered because Colette had reactivate and plenty of SS to pelt at Misaki until she stopped twitching.

Lesson learned, know you master and never leave them unsupported.

Other than this part, sounds like some great games. It was just one heck of an oversight that your opponent thought he had no stones, and that you didn't notice it to correct it. Lesson learned, though.