Zoraida and the Student of Conflict

Pinocchio

Just had a game the other day and i used Zoraida with the student of conflict and the Arcane effigy (5AP; 3 normal, casting expert and arcane's!).

However, one slight confusion came over (and it wasn't covered in the rules about this) and that i when Zoraida summons her voodoo doll.

She's already connected to the Student, can she also be connected to the voodoo doll as well? I know when you hire totems, you must connect totems to masters, but with the voodoo doll, you don't hire it, you summon it. So with the student you connect it because you've hired it, but with the voodoo doll, it doesn't say that it is connected to Zoraida, even though you need to summon it.

Of course the only way to have both Student and Voodoo on the table is to connect Student to Collodi, and then Collodi leaves the student behind so the student can hang around with Zoraida.

But in this case i'm just wondering if this is possible for Zoraida to have 2 totems, even though she'd begin the game with the student?

I believe you can only connect to one item at a time unless it states otherwise, eg nicodem an Colette. Why not just take the black blood shaman instead, or is his ability non-master? I not take ophelia or von schill and attach it to one of then instead, x2 obeys, nimble, fast and 2 ap is horrible!

I was going for the Teddy factory approach.

My 35SS list was:

Zoraida

Student of Conflict

Weaver Widow

Collodi + 4x Marionnettes

Arcance Effigy

Pool of 7 SS

I'd cast obey on the Weaver Widow, to either discard cards to gain scrap counters, or to attack the Voodoo doll to gain an extra scrap counter.

This at best would enable me to summon a teddy by the end of turn 1 or on turn 2, and this process is repeated to continuously spew out teddies!

---------- Post added at 08:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 AM ----------

As for the point about connecting to one totem at a time, would that mean that as soon as the Voodoo doll hits the table, the Student is no longer connected to Zoraida?

A master cannot be conencted to more tha one totem at a time unless a rule specifically allows is (like dreamer having multiple daydreams)

zoraida does not have such a rule. If she isconnected to the student, she can't summon the voodoo doll.

however, in that list, simply conenct the student to collodi - just because it is connected to him does not prevent it using its ability to make a model fast on zoraida. Henchmen can connect to totems too :)

problem solved.

true - but since you can get 2 obeys out of the voodoo doll (from turn 2 onwards) by activating it, having it cast obey, then having zoraida summon a new one (that then later casts obey) - its not too much of a loss :)

I find the arcance effigy and student with pandora to be even nastier.