Having trouble with Ramos

Powderfan

Question

Hi Guys (and Gals)

Newbie question time.

Running Ramos and his spiders if I use Disruption Field to give casters a -Flip for Casting does that only work if the caster model is within the aura? or does it also affect ranged spells targeting the model as well?

I habitually activate this ability but I never seem to be seeing any benefit from it. This is probably because opponents are activating spells and I do not know they are actually a spell rather than an ability.

The next problem I have is most of my games end with me having tons of scrap counters all over the table and not being able to use them because the action always seems to be too far away from Ramos. Ramos is normally pretty static as I am using his ap to cast spells or make spiders and scrap early on. So should I forgo a spell or two to allow Ramos to move up with his crew so he is a bit closer when the scrap starts to fall? Are there any models I could include in my crew (essentially just the crew box at the moment, plus totem and EC) that can use all these scrap counters for something? It just seems a waste to see them all over the place and not be able to do anything with them.

I think that is about it for now. Thanks in advance.

Michael

PS thinking about doing some video battle reports so people can see what I am doing and help me to learn what I am doing wrong or where my opponents are hood winking me ;) I am sure I can't be total fail at Malifaux not that my track record contradicts that. Played about 12 games and think I have only won 2.

3 answers to this question

Running Ramos and his spiders if I use Disruption Field to give casters a -Flip for Casting does that only work if the caster model is within the aura? or does it also affect ranged spells targeting the model as well?

I habitually activate this ability but I never seem to be seeing any benefit from it. This is probably because opponents are activating spells and I do not know they are actually a spell rather than an ability.

The next problem I have is most of my games end with me having tons of scrap counters all over the table and not being able to use them because the action always seems to be too far away from Ramos. Ramos is normally pretty static as I am using his ap to cast spells or make spiders and scrap early on. So should I forgo a spell or two to allow Ramos to move up with his crew so he is a bit closer when the scrap starts to fall? Are there any models I could include in my crew (essentially just the crew box at the moment, plus totem and EC) that can use all these scrap counters for something? It just seems a waste to see them all over the place and not be able to do anything with them.

The effects of Disruption field only work against models that are within the 3 inch Aura of the Steampunk Arachnid or Arachnid Swarm. To use this affectively you want to move your spiders up to within 3 inches of an enemy model that has the ability to cast spells and then put the aura up with the (0) action.

I like to position my small spiders behind cover early in the game and once I have them up the board a bit i move them near enemy caster type models and pop the Aura.

As far as all the scrap counters on the board out of reach of Ramos, His Avatar helps imensely with that issue. The Avatar has outstanding movement and can literally (0) leap onto a pile of them on Turn 3 and start making much stronger constructs than the small spiders.

Feel free to ask additional crew tactic quetions in the Arcanist section of the Forum :)