Vassal Bug Tracker

Ryu

In the seeming absence of anywhere to report bugs about the Malifaux Vassal Module, I am opening this thread to help with further development of the module.

For specific bugs (model, marker, etc) please include:

Module Version Number: The version of the module this bug occurs in (currently v1.31)

Summary: The summary of the bug

Affected Component(s): Models/Objects that are affected

Steps to Reproduce: How can one reproduce the bug?

(Optional) Proposed Solution: How would you propose to fix this problem?

---------- Post added at 12:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 PM ----------

Module Version Number: 1.31

Summary: Measuring Tape gets stuck

Affected Component(s): Measuring Tape (Player 1 or Player 2)

Steps to Reproduce: When both players attempt to use the same tape by clicking the corresponding button and then try to measure on the board the tape will often enter a "stuck" state. Oftentimes this state will freeze all objects on the map, effectively ending the game. Sometimes saving and re-creating will work around this issue.

Proposed Solution: Grey out the opposing tape, much like the opponent's sideboard is greyed out.

Edited by Ryu

Summary: LOS Marker gets stuck

Affected Component(s): LOS

Steps to Reproduce: When both players attempt to use the LOS MArker by clicking the corresponding button and then try to check LoS on the board the Green Line will often enter a "stuck" state. Oftentimes this state will freeze all objects on the map, effectively ending the game. Sometimes saving and re-creating will work around this issue.

Proposed Solution: Have a clear button, that clears LoS, Range Markers and Buff highlights(colored base glow)

Summary: Player's deck disappears, except for flipped card

Affected Component(s): Deck

Steps to Reproduce: Unconfirmed: When one player flips another player's deck on a straight flip. Pressing the undo button right after it happens is currently a work around.

Proposed Solution: Code fix and/or don't let a player flip another player's deck

The issues with tapes is more to do with vassal than the malifaux mod. I'm 99.9% sure there is very little you can do in the mod to help with the locking issue.

If players try and always release a tape after measuring it helps a lot.

That's why the proposed solution is to grey out the opposing tape, because that is something that can be controlled. For the subsequent LoS bug that's an issue since there's only one button though.

Though you do bring up a great point in that we might not be able to control some (or even many?) of the bugs we discover, just try and find suitable work-arounds.

Edited by Ryu

Summary: Player's deck disappears, except for flipped card

Affected Component(s): Deck

Steps to Reproduce: Unconfirmed: When one player flips another player's deck on a straight flip. Pressing the undo button right after it happens is currently a work around.

Proposed Solution: Code fix and/or don't let a player flip another player's deck

There needs to be consideration there are models that lets you mess with the opponent's deck.

Are there any models that let you make the flip for your opponent though? That's where this arose, not from deck manipulation skills like Perdita has. Though that particular bug hasn't been extensively tested, I'll try and look into it more tonight if I can find someone to help.

• 3 weeks later...

Module Version Number: v1.31

Summary: Models not moving for opponent when dragged.

Affected Component(s): If you drag models they sometimes don't move for the opponent. (It can be resolved by using the arrow keys to step the model forwards and back in place.)

Steps to Reproduce: Seems to be random but only happens when you drag a model. Model moves for you but your opponent (and anyone else watching) just sees the model still in it's original place.

(Optional) Proposed Solution: Don't know enough of how the back end works to fix.

Summary: cards in deck appear upside down for some players (not others!)

Affected Component(s): Playing last night, my deck started showing face up rather than face down (so I could see the top card). Strangely, in some cases an observer who could also see the deck face up, could see a different card on the top of the deck (eg I could see the 11 tomes, but he could see the 9 rams), however for my opponent, my deck still appeared face down for a while.

Steps to Reproduce: Absolutely no idea, it just happened when I flipped a single card (though it had been working absolutely fine for an hour and a half before that).

(Optional) Proposed Solution: Tried undoing it - didn't work. Tried refreshing counters - didn't work. Tried saving game, leaving, and coming back - didn't work. Eventually just abandoned the game. Haven't logged back in since, so I don't know if it's a bug in my version of vassal, or just something which cropped up last night.

• 2 weeks later...

I had an issue running Vassalfaux last night that was not down to a bug but down to my system configuration.

This will only effect a very small number of people, namely people who are Java Developers. If you have installed the developers preview of Java 8 on your machine and forgotten about it (like me), Vassalfaux will only allow you to perform one action (flip card, add character to your sideboard) before it stops you from adding anything further to your sideboard.

To solve this I completely removed Java 8 from my machine. Vassal now works as expected.

I know it will probably be rare for this to pop up for most folk but I thought it would be worth a mention.

Summary: Delayed Notes becoming jumbled

Affected Component(s): Delayed notes

Steps to Reproduce: If both players enter their delayed notes at the same time and/or hit save while the other player is entering theirs then the opponents 'Text' section can be saved under your own delayed note - especially if you use the same title for the note. eg. player 1 creates a new note and calls it "Scheme 1" and enters the text "Kill Prot" then hits OK meanwhile player 2 also creates a note and calls it "Scheme 1" but enters "Assassinate" and hits OK player 1 and 2 both hit Save but when they re-open the notes pannel to reveal the Schemes they both have the correct player number in the Player column and the time they created them but the text of the notes is identical - they now both have "Kill Prot"

(Optional) Proposed Solution: Using unique titles like "Scheme one Station" and taking it in turns to enter and save your notes appears to work as a short term fix (but obviously isn't a true fix), I guess the problem is that the coding doen't account for replicated titles.