Guild Autopsy Improvements

Saracenar

For some reason I woke up this morning and wanted to do something about the poor, neglected Guild Autopsy. I like them, but they really aren't competitive, or even decent models (rule-wise; the sculpts are cool). At best they are situationally useful against living and/or guardsmen models, but do possess one of the few ranged attacks of the Resser minions.

I intend, with these suggested house rules, to give the Autopsy a boost in the areas it seems like it was meant to be useful in.

Everything you see here is added to the Guild Autopsy's stat card. Rules that are mentioned that already exist on the stat card replace the ones already there.

So without further ado:

Guild Autopsy

Abilities

Shambling

Too Far Gone: This model only generates a Corpse Counter if there is a model with the Body Parts ability currently in play. If picked up, it must immediately be converted into a single Body Part Counter. It cannot be used or considered as a Corpse Counter for any other purpose.

Horrific Reflection: This model receives +Crows to Ca while within 2” of a Guild model.

This Could Be You: If this model is killed by a Guardsman, it may immediately use the Confront Mortality Action as if it were a (1) Action and this model had Slow to Die, targeting the model that killed it.

Triggers

Cb (Rams) Friendly Fire [Guard Pistol]: If the target of this attack is a Guild model, reduce the target’s Defence Total by 1.

Df (Rams) Broken Armour: Armour +1 for the duration of this attack.

Spells

(0) Memories of Service

(CC: 11 /Rst - /Rg: C) The next Sword Strike this model makes receives +2 Cb against non-Guild models.

These additions make the Autopsy better against Guild, but also gives them some versatality if you wanted to take them against non-Guild. I made Memories of Service a (0) Spell because there will be times when you can't use Surprise! because of a lack of living enemies. I made Surprise! easier to cast against Guild, because we know how much Ressers need their Crows, and I really doubt that you'd be saving a 8+ of Crows for this.

To make them a little more durable, they have a chance to get Armour. Shambling helps them from getting stuck in terrain.

I kept Too Far Gone, but mitigated its disadvantage slightly for crews containing McMourning, Sebastian or Rafkin.

Everything else seems pretty self-explanatory. I mostly wanted to improve its effectiveness against Guild and living models without changing its cost or going outside of its fluff.

Considering these changes, would you be more inclined to take the Guild Autopsy?

Comments and criticism appreciated. Thanks!

Edited by Saracenar

• 2 weeks later...

Now I have the Card I'd go with the following, remove Too Far Gone and Easy to Wound 1. Give them Armour 1 and Critical Strike [sword] :rams although this wouldn't be built in. Then change Surprise to only effect Guild Models (living or otherwise) and if they fail allow the Guild Autopsy to make a free ranged strike at all models that fail (since its not likely to happen often). And change the CC so only a 5 of any suit is needed.

I think this would make them much better but not an auto include.