Grave Spirit - How does it work?

Aeschere

Question

Hey there,

Perhaps a bit of a newbie question but I am wondering how the Grave Spirit actually works and I am hoping you can clarify it a bit for me.

1) The model has Companion(Master). Is this the actual crew master (I my case Nicodem) or is this the model the Grave Spirit is linked to?

2) Magical Extension mentions that the Grave Spirit can cast a (1) spell of the connected Master. Who is this connected master? The model the Grave Spirit is linked to (then why isn't it the linked master?) or the crew master?

Thanks in advance

6 answers to this question

1) It has been clarified to be Connected Master. So Companion (Connected Master).

2) When you hire a Totem you have to declare a Master for it to be connected to, totems can't be solo. If the Master Dies it is removed. A Master may normally only ever have one totem connected.

The master is still the master of the crew, but you can link him to other undead models to get the bonus. Lots of the time, that is why he is taken, just to link to another big model (Azumi or Dead Rider) and give them the bonus and still cast spells from the master (or leader) of the crew. So for your questions, (1) yes he is still companion to the master of the crew and (2) again, spells from the master of the crew.

1) It has been clarified to be Connected Master. So Companion (Connected Master).

I guess it's also working with a Henchman in the crew (not leading). Seamus is the Master Molly the Henchman Grave Spirit is connected to her during the crew hiring steps. So Grave Spirit get Companion (Molly) am I right?