UK Doubles GT 2013 - 30th & 31st March

Neverata

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Jo,

What's the format for this? The linked file just says 'SHENANNIGANS!' and 'MAIN EVENT'.

For those of us that have not been to a national doubles Malifaux tournament before could you give us some more details of likely entertainment and/or activities and the structure of the event itself?

Please.

The teams who have already said they are attending still haven't paid, so with great regret I'm pulling the event and leaving the gt of last year my last tournament.

There's barely any interest and with no tickets being bought I'm not sinking my own money into a tournament again.

I'll still be there on the Saturday day and night to play malifaux and visit a few friends, there will even be a chance to put money into the pot and have an impromptu tournament, but there is no point putting precious time and effort into something so underwhelmingly under supported

Maybe see you there for games galore

Will be there, was going to send money this week. Sorry for not appearing more engaged.

Same, was waiting for Pay day on Friday then got distracted, that said I will be in Stockport that weekend anyway, so see a few of you on Saturday!

I have to say Jo that I feel your pain. People should not go on a list until they have paid IMHO. Its the way it should be. The TO then knows exactly where he/she stands in terms of their costs for the event. There should also be a cut off date 2 weeks before the event which allows the TO the time to inform people if there is no event (due to lack of support etc). This can be pushed out to 3-4 weeks.

Its the only way to sensibly run events otherwise people just take advantage. I know in this economic climate, its hard but if you really want to go then you have to commit with cash (non refundable too).

Its not until people actually run events that they can see and feel this organisational nightmare.

I do hope we have enough people to attend this event to give you a jolly good send off at the very least. You have done so much for the UK and world wide Malifaux community that at the very least players should think about doing this for you and making it easy and not a difficult thing.

Me I'm being purely selfish as I want to and love playing doubles. Just wish it wasnt with Mike again cos he just shouts at me and ofc its all about him.

So come on folks, lets make this happen!!

Edited by Nepalese_Ninja