2013 European Challenges

Neverata

Hey guys and girls

First of all, I think the next few years are set to be pretty exciting :) so let's do something immense

Id like you to all send me your local clubs details and local venues all over Europe. If you can provide me with contact details and rough ideas on the number of people they can hold, we can get started

The idea is a European Team Challenge and a European Singles GT which will move venue each year to different parts of Europe.

Its just venue sourcing for now and to measure the excitement for such events. I know the uk scene are excited; are you?

Jo@wyrd-games.net

Cheers guys

An ETC event for Malifaux.. YES I'm IN!

I'll try to get some people excited for this in Belgium. At least 2 other people I know from the Belgian ETC team for Warhammer 40k play Malifaux as well, and I'm sure they will be excited too! Once you've been to an ETC, other tournaments seem to be less...spectacular ;-)

I'm sure we can get this organised in Belgium if there is enough enthousiasm!

Malifaux tournaments in Belgium tend to be rather small and cosy, but there is enough experience organising 40k tournaments for large groups, so a venue and other organisation shouldn't be a real problem.

@Neverata, did you already have an idea what the ETC concept for Malifaux would look like? 5-6 player teams, every faction represent (10 thunders as 6th faction)? Fixed masters and a pairing mechanism?

Would love to hear more!

Hi!

At the moment I'm just trying to solidify a venue as the capacity of that venue will influence team sizes and therefore the format in general. If you can send the details to the email address above then I can check it out.

The henchman in the local area to the venue that's picked will end up supporting me running up to the event as logistics could be hard for me!

So keep that in mind when you volunteer your club :)

Thanks

Like Lexion already stated, we would have NO problems organising this in Belgium and would have NO problems at all generating one (or more) teams to visit another country. Locations enough here, terrain enough here, and there's enough tournament organising know-how to pull off a more than decent event if you guys are up for it. Just a matter of gathering enough interest, getting the teams together and fixing a date really. So if all the henchmen can maybe inquire as to whetehr they can get a team for their country together we can get the ball rolling? Would be so awesome to see something like this taking place.

I've been involved with the ETC 40K and WHFB for the past three years and the cameraderie and enthusiasm an event of that ilk generates is just so awesome, and I would love to see the same thing taking place and shape for the lovely game that is Malifaux.