The Dragon's Eye Continues

StormLordXIII

The Malifaux novella I've been working on, The Dragon's Eye, continues with this post. It is my interpretation of an origin story for one (or maybe several!) of the new Ten Thunders masters which takes place through the perspective of several characters on both sides of the Breach who are connected in ways they cannot even begin to understand. The attached PDF is updated and the story continues from where it left off from the last post on page 12 after the ram's heads. Enjoy!

If you want to read the first part, everything is placed together on one document. As always, comments and critique are most welcome.

Part II Overview:

In Peking, 1908 PF: Kai Li struggles for survival during the sundering of the Forbidden City while Chiaki encounters an old friend and shows her true strength.

In Malifaux, 1908 PF: Mysterious forces continue to gather in the darkness as Lumen and Lux reveal the truth of the Dragon's Eye. Anasalea Kaeris carries out Ramos' enigmatic request while Sonnia Criid and Samael Hopkins grow suspicious of the Secretary's secretive motives.

Malifaux - The Dragon's Eye.pdf

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi guys!

I'm glad to hear people are enjoying this... no, it's not over yet! I'm taking my time, but the next installment of elevenish pages should be coming soon... I have some big things planned for Kai Li, Chiaki, and friends.

Thanks for the continued support of the Wyrd community. This will end... in maybe two or three more installments. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all,

So, I've decided to temporarily put this project on hold for a little while (but I will finish - I've made a devout promise to myself to make this happen) because so much has been going on lately - I've barely been able to keep up with Iron Quill!

However, I have a good chunk of the next installment going - the next 11 or so pages will feature the plots from the stories of:

*Kaeris

*Kai Li / Lucius

*Chiaki

*Sonnia / Sam

* A new narrative voice we haven't seen yet...

Thanks for reading! I'm expecting the next chunk will be coming around May.

• 1 month later...

Well, it's May... Been a long time since I was one the Malifaux site & actually got a bit excited when I saw you had a new entry on this thread... Sadly my hopes were dashed, but I'm glad your still going with this & am looking forward to an update soonish!!

As the Japanese say "頑張って (ganbatte) or good luck!!

Haha!

Thanks for the motivational post! I swear I will get this done! I can officially stop working for summer break this week so I will have lots of time to write. I'll do my best not to let you down. I have plans for this to become a fifty page novella, and I think you'll like what's coming next. :)

Sorry for the wait - I'm grateful that you've enjoyed the piece so far and I'll be working on it some more. Don't worry... there's more coming for Kai Li and friends, along with lots of other characters, both cannon cameos and original creations... in fact, maybe there are already some cameos here whose identities have not been fully recognized...