Lost Love 25SS Tournament in Essex, 17th Feb

Clousseau

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just grabbed a ticket (Simon).

Am I right in thinking that I can bring Levi to the table with Ashes & Dust as the blister/box and Desolation Engine as the extra summon, and still summon as many SPAs as needed in the game?

If so, Levi it will be.

And does Levi get any dispensation for not having a totem as such (granted there is one Waif in the box) - like an allowance for one other model to use as 2nd Waif fodder? *he asks, clearly pushing his luck*

Am I right in thinking that I can bring Levi to the table with Ashes & Dust as the blister/box and Desolation Engine as the extra summon, and still summon as many SPAs as needed in the game?

You could summon up to 4 SPAs as they are all that is included in the starter box. I think you would be wise to take waifs as the summon blister rather than the desolation engine as otherwise you will not be able to get the second waif. Plus if you're only popping out SPAs from Levi's spells and the A&D trigger, the likelihood of getting 4 on the board to form like Voltron is minimal.

EDIT: Any I was umming and ahhing about changing to the Levi box with A&D as my blister so you've just made my mind up to stick with Molly for this. Thanks Simon :)

You could summon up to 4 SPAs as they are all that is included in the starter box. I think you would be wise to take waifs as the summon blister rather than the desolation engine as otherwise you will not be able to get the second waif. Plus if you're only popping out SPAs from Levi's spells and the A&D trigger, the likelihood of getting 4 on the board to form like Voltron is minimal.
I think you're incorrect. Restrictions on summons are types, not numbers. The limits of Rare still stand, like Seishin.

Hey, I'm trying to purchase my ticket for this, but Wayland no longer has the tickets listed (only three available are all for 40k events). Any help? Thanks :)

I had that problem. If you google "Tabletop Nation Malifaux" then the second link should allow you to buy tickets.

Edited by Trevelyan

First post updated with the ticket link.

---------- Post added at 10:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 PM ----------

Just grabbed a ticket (Simon).

If so, Levi it will be.

And does Levi get any dispensation for not having a totem as such (granted there is one Waif in the box) - like an allowance for one other model to use as 2nd Waif fodder? *he asks, clearly pushing his luck*

Your summation is correct, but you can't claim special dispensation for an extra Waif. John's comments about a second Waif are worth taking note of, and you can summon as many SPAs as legally allowable.

Your summation is correct, but you can't claim special dispensation for an extra Waif. John's comments about a second Waif are worth taking note of, and you can summon as many SPAs as legally allowable.

Is John Scuttlebut or LupusFerreus? Because you never actually hire Waifs, they are only summoned in play (one at the start of the first activiation and one with a spell). There shouldn't be any need to take the Waif blister if there is already one waif in the boxed set.

Also, I am down as playing Ramos on the frint page, rather than Leveticus.

I think the confusion here has arisen over the summoning restrictions. As far as I can tell, if a model comes in the box set (Waif, Seishin etc) then it can be summoned as many times as legally allowed (unique/rare limit/limitless).

This would mean there would be no need to take an extra blister of Waifs as you cannot start with two on the board but can freely summon a second in as the model type is already in your pool of models.

However Kirai players may wish to take an extra pack of Seishin so that they can start with more than one on the board.

Is that correct Clousseau?

Seems legit to me. (note: I am not Clousseau).

---------- Post added at 04:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:57 PM ----------

I've been told to request Jamie/Munchkin's master be changed to McMourning, with totem, additional box as canine remains and additional summon as rogue necromancy. Reason is he won't have time to base, let alone paint, Misaki in time (aka, he has a real job unlike me :) )

Not sure if you got my message. But I am Michael Nicholls

---------- Post added at 06:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:42 AM ----------

Managed to get my first game in for ages. Chatting with the guys at Manufactured Conflict we think it has been about 8 months since I was down there last. Anyway, I have been skipping through the rule book and was getting concerned that it was all feeling like gibberish :( but I ended up playing a first time player so we were able to take things slow and took the time to check the rules each time we were not sure. Which was OFTEN.

Not entirely sure how much I (re)learned but it must have helped. I have a new found respect for Perdita. Well ok so it was the first time I played against her so it was all new and funky. Also my opponent was using the Pale Rider which was benefiting each time I made my swarms up and I think also when the electrical creation popped etc. The Steamborg had a great time and turn 4 saw him get Decapitate trigger off 3 times in the same activation. Unfortunately because we were playing slow we only got to turn 4 and I think I would have been able to complete my strategy by getting him to plant some evidence and a scheme if Perdita and the Pale Rider could kill Ramos in the final turns. Not to worry, because the score was not important for me. I just needed to learn to play. Mission success.

Same again next Tuesday me thinks.

Michael