First Tourney

MunkyMuddFace

I am a newish player to Malifaux, been playing about 6 weeks. This weekend I will be participating in my first tourney and am looking for some general advice with list building.

The format is three rounds of fixed faction 25ss shared strategy games, players can bring a pool of up to 45ss worth of models to draw from game to game.

I am a bit of a dabbler, and have access to Guild, Outcasts, and Arcanists. However, in my short time playing, I have the most experience playing with Lady Justice and Sonnia Criid, so I am planning to represent the Guild. As far as opponents, it looks like each faction will be pretty evenly represented.

Neverborn: Pandora, Zoraida,Collodi

Ressurectionists: Seamus, McMourning, Molly

Arcanists: Colette, Ramos, Rasputina

Outcasts: Gremlins

Guild: Ortegas

The models that I have access to are:

Death Marshalls x 3 (4ss)

Witchling Stalkers x 3 (4ss)

Francisco (5ss)

Papa Loco (6ss)

Judge (7ss)

Santiago (7ss)

Nino (7ss)

Executioner (7ss)

Peacekeeper (9ss)

Any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Firstly, Good luck with the tournement.

Hope you have fun there.

With regards to your 45 ss I would probably consider the following

2*death marshalls

2*Witchling stalkers

Nino

Santiago

Francisco

Executioner

(42 stones)

But if you have had more experience with the judge or the peacekeeper then put them in in place of something you are less sure about. The Judge, papa and the peacekeeper can all be useful, but can be hard to use or potential liabilities much more than most of your other models

I've chosen 2* for the death marshal and the witchlign for 2 reasons. Firstly, You might summon more witchlings and if you don't have a model availble, then it fails. For that reason I try to never recomend using all you own.

The Death Marshalls can support each other well. I might well only use one in a game, but their ability to buff other death marshals might come in handy.

Remember when picking you list to focus on how you are likely to get the vps. The game isn't just about killing each other.