Misaki pruchase?

Salix060907

Are you asking if Shang is a must have or saying you must have Shang?

Assuming you want Shang in the list, per strategy here is what I would consider:

Kill Strategies (Contain Power, Distract, Escape, Reconnoiter, Slaughter, Turf War)

With Misaki I would approach all of these the same way, killing as much of my opponents crew as possible while trying to stay alive myself. For these I like the following list (with Shang)

• Misaki + 5 stones
  • Shang
  • Otototo
  • Yamaziko
  • Torekage
  • Ten Thunders Brother
  • Ten Thunders Archer

Movement Strategies (Deliver the Message, Destroy Evidence, Line in the Sand, Plant Evidence, Treasure Hunt)

I take a slightly different build for these, focused on movement a bit more. I like:

• Misaki + 5 stones
  • Shang
  • 2x Torekage
  • 2x Wastrel
  • Ronin
  • Yamaziko

Control Strategies (Claim Jump and Supply Wagon)

These are slightly different again, and the list I like it:

• Misaki + 6 stones
  • Shang
  • Yamaziko
  • Kang
  • Torekage
  • Ten Thunders Archer
  • Oiran

There you go, Netlisted Misaki. I have to be honest and say that in every one of those lists I would drop Shang. In the last list I might replace him with something else, but I do not feel Shang is necessary. He is a cool model but I have been having trouble fitting him into my lists.

Let me (us) know how those lists do if you play them.

You did mention in your post that you were unfamiliar with the Ten Thunders and what their faction models do. I built those lists based on the full 10T faction being available. Have you had a chance to read Storm of Shadows yet and start putting together what they do? I am wondering if your asking "blind" what the different models do or if your having trouble fitting them together mentally, and just have not put them on the table yet? There could be long threads for each of those circumstances.

Edited by nix