Does anyone use P3?

wyrdtastic

I use P3 quite a bit. I'm very happy with the results I get. For some colors I prefer P3, some GW, some Vallejo. I'm not a one paint kind of guy. I like the coverage I get from most fo the P3 paints out of the bottle more than Vallejo. I know some folks are 'thinner = better', but when I'm putting base colors down I like to get coverage in as few coats as possible and I think that's where P3 works best for me.

Agree with Keltheos and Starweaver. You get good coverage from P3 and they're really nice paints. The color selection is different as well. I use Thrall Flesh on a lot of my undead. Really like their browns too (Beast Hide & Bootstrap Leather) and the metallics. Coal Black is cool with its blue tint.

Agree with Keltheos and Starweaver as others above.

P3 are good solid set of paints and generally a bit cheaper than GW.

Not had the bad experience of the gold/bronze metallics that others have, the pig iron and cold steel metals are fine and all the plain colours have great coverage.

I can highly recommend red paints from P3 range, their coverage is excellent. I've tried reds from Reaper, GW and Vallejo and P3 reds seems to work the best. Other than that I do use some other colors too. They're thinner and coverage is mostly very good. P3 paints work well for smooth highlights and blending colors but they aren't that good for drybrushing.

I can highly recommend red paints from P3 range, their coverage is excellent. I've tried reds from Reaper, GW and Vallejo and P3 reds seems to work the best. Other than that I do use some other colors too. They're thinner and coverage is mostly very good. P3 paints work well for smooth highlights and blending colors but they aren't that good for drybrushing.

I will have to disagree on the red paints. I have the Khador base and highlight reds, and I can't stand them, the base comes out with a weird sheen to it, is too thin, and really only works after a good base of Mecharite Red (or w/e GW is calling it these days) and a red wash. On the plus side though, my Troll blood colors (those blues and browns) and the rest of the Khador paint sent have been phenominal, with Cold Steel being my go to (though the new gw metallics have been better than my old gw metallics).

It's up to you in the end though. I've switched from being a paint from the pot guy to a wet palette to porcelain tile or old scratched cd if I was in a pinch. Just find what works for you, and you'll find paint that works to.

Still, I stand by what I've written. IMO P3 reds are exceptionally good. Here's a quick example. The loincloth on LCB was painted using only reds from P3. I used Sanguine Base, Skorne Red, Khador Red Base and Ember Orange. Only the first one had to be applied in two thin layers as I used black basecoat.

Essentially you just need to shake the pot very well before using it and them apply it in 2-3 (depending on the color of basecoat) layers. I've experimented with other reds and the ones from P3 work the best for me. Thin paints, great for smooth highlights. I'm actually considering buying more colors :)

My biggest beef with p3 has little to do with paint and everything to do with the container. Since using the dropper style bottles of Vallejo and Reaper, i will never go back to any sort of flip-top or screw-on design. Save yourself some headaches and potential paint splatters on your walls and ceiling and go for droppers.

Yep, menoth white base is the greatest paint known to man

it is rather good :)

I moved towards P3 when GW changed their paint range. I now use a mix of P3 and GW. I find the P3 a little watery, but in general they do a great job and for certain tasks (wet blending, even glazing) they are really worthwhile.

My biggest beef with p3 has little to do with paint and everything to do with the container. Since using the dropper style bottles of Vallejo and Reaper, i will never go back to any sort of flip-top or screw-on design. Save yourself some headaches and potential paint splatters on your walls and ceiling and go for droppers.

That's true, the lids tend to make your fingers dirty after a while as paint gathers in the recesses there. Dropper bottle are much better in that respect.