Neverata

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Time Table

MAIN EVENT – Sunday 9th December

10:00 – 10:15 EVENT REGISTRATION

10:15 – 11:45 Round One 35ss Scrap - Slaughter (90min)

11:45 – 12:00 SHORT BREAK Leave out a 35ss-45ss crew for me to judge during this break

12:00 – 13:30 Round Two 35ss Scrap – Tournament Shared Destroy the Evidence (90min)

13:30 – 13:45 SHORT BREAK Best Painted to be judged by players

13:45 – 15:15 Round Three 35ss Scrap – Reconnoiter (90min)

15:15 – 15:30 SHORT BREAK

15:30 – 17:00 Round Four 35ss Scrap – Claim Jump (90min)

This is the time table. The reason there is no set lunch is due to the venue opening so late in the day. There are 15 minute breaks in between and we advise you order food from their kitchens a good way in advance of when you want to eat it as it can be a little slow

I appreciate that it's a little cramped for time, but for a one day event I want to fit a full four games in.

Make sure you are here promptly by 10.15 to register and have your table assigned.

Looking forward to seeing you all :)

Edited by Neverata

Dave beat me this evening, but only just and with a lot of interesting twists and turns. It's possible (word dependant) that I will have to play tomorrow to make up the numbers OR it's possible that I may have to allow the bye system to kick in.

Only the morning will tell!

See you all soon

Thanks for yet another well run and generally excellent tournament.

Thanks all my opponents for some great games (Jamie, Luke, Martin & Jimmy) and apologies to Jamie for it being so one sided - a full day's good cards all turned up in the first game!

Incidentally any feedback on the indoor Terraclips board would be most welcome.

yeah - cheers all for a good day - and thanks to all my opponents - Apologies to you David as well, looks like your luck definitely ran out in that last game :s ;)

I didn't get a game on the indoor board, but it did look funky - I defiantly think there's scope for some different types of games inside - it makes different tactics/crew builds viable.

A great end to your year of Arcanist James, I'm sure you're proud!

Hopefully you can find the link to the scores and breakdown here

For anyone not able to view it on their phone, here's a simple breakdown:

1 Ant Hoult Resurrectionists

2 James Doxey Arcanist

3 Jimmy Balderstone Ten Thunders

4 Paul Hansell Neverborn

5 Joanne Morrison Neverborn

6 Robert Balmforth Resurrectionists

7 Tim Brown Neverborn

8 David Brown Guild

9 Luke Cocksedge Outcast

10 Phillipe Marlot Outcast

11 Martin Wodehouse Arcanist

12 Jamie Forth Neverborn

Best Painted: Luke Cocksedge and his amazing Levi crew

Best Sports: Our very own Timmy 'Earthquake' Brown

Thanks all :)

---------- Post added at 05:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:26 AM ----------

Rankings submitted :)

:Hiding_Puppet: Hmm, not my best result ever! I made loads of mistakes that I feel slightly embarrassed about. Truth be told though I did have four great games regardless:

James - Colette Vs Colette, (on the 'Dungeon' board) Shared Slaughter

A 3-1 Loss, thanks largely to a Red Joker damage flip against my Coryphee Duet in Turn 2. Still made a game of it but there were two rather foolish things that I did. Firstly taking Perfect Performance as one of my Schemes (no I don't know why either) and secondly giving James Breakthrough in the last turn because I stupidly put Colette just outside my deployment zone instead of just inside. That said, it would still have been a 2-1 loss at that point anyway.

Jimmy B - Colette Vs Misaki, Shared Destroy the Evidence

A 6-6 Draw. Misaki was awesome and I didn't really have much to counter her. The main mistakes I made in this game were not reading the amended version of the Shared Destroy the Evidence Rules properly and not leaving a body mid table for Colette to Illusionist with.

Dave - Rasputina Vs Lady Justice, Shared Reconnoiter

A 3-1 Loss. Rasputina put a real crimp in Dave's day early on when I killed two Death Marshals on Turn 1 with December's Curse. Dave went into defensive mode and then I got too cocky. I ended up sacrifcing the Silent One in order to get Nino and the last Death Marshall, which was foolish because I had taken Reflections of December as one of my Schemes. Once Lady J came out to play, things swung very rapidly the other way and although I managed to reduce Dave to having just Lady J (on 2 Wounds) and two Guild Hounds (one undamaged and the last on 1 Wound) I had just two Ice Gamin left. The crux of the endgame came down to an initiative flip, which Dave won and promptly walked Lady J over to Raspy and gave a personal greeting with her unfeasibly large sword. Had the flip gone my way, I may have been able to take Lady J's last two wounds, as neither of us had any Soul Stones remaining at that point, but them's the breaks.

Jo - Rasputina Vs Lilith, Shared Claim Jump

An 8-2 Loss. Not really sure what I was thinking in this game, I'm sure Jo distracted me with a cute baby at some point, I can't quite remember. I do know that I played a bit like a muppet (probably Beaker) and for that I apologise that I didn't put up more of a fight. That said the Ice Golem was absolutely awesome in this game. He managed to get moved by Snow Storm and then beaten up by a Lelu and Lilitu, before fluffing his attacks and dying horribly... well I was impressed anyway. My crew took possibly the biggest hammering I've ever had in a game of Malifaux, with Raspy just not able to get line of sight and everyone getting picked off by LeluLilituLelu, until Lilith decided to join the party and show them how to kill things quicker. I think Jo took pity on me at this point and killed Snow Storm with Lilith, rather than the triplets, just to give me Frame for Murder (right Jo?).

So, in true Pravda style; I finished just inside the top 12, whilst that rubbish Ant Hoult could only manage 12th from last! *wink*

Oh, and to top it all off, I had Luke singing a little ditty about being Jo's 'favourite' the whole way home, I'm sure he even danced a little bit when we stopped at McDonald's!

Anyway, thanks all, had a great time despite a very long day travelling from Swansea and back through Wales... perhaps not our brightest idea but hey, it was for Malifaux!

Edited by Soul Puppet
Spelling and Grammar Police!

I'm trying to think of a height joke but I got nothing.

Guess you came up a little short!

FAO Dave: The indoor Terraclips was interesting and certainly made for a different game. The only thing I would say if you intend to use it at tournaments, make sure the rules for it are clear and consistent. James and I played on it Game 1 and it was a little early to try and think about how to agree on movement through 30mm doors or line of site over broken bits of wall etc. There was also a small triangular area that had no way in or out and I was briefly tempted to try and drop James' figures in there after Colette had cast Disappearing Act on them (okay I was only kidding but It's still worth noting).

Jo, please stop stroking Luke's ego! Trust me, he doesn't need it! If I somehow make the top 16 or if enough people drop out, I'll still consider coming to the Masters. I am back in my wife's good books at the moment so I've dropped the hint seed and watered liberally. Just got to wait and see now....

Edited by Soul Puppet
Just Doh!