The Dead Rider - Unnatural Purpose

Seb3110

Question

7 answers to this question

Theoretical situation:

We are at the end of turn 3. All models have activated, and the Dead Rider are left with 3 wounds, at the end of its turn. It is now in the "Destroy" part of Unnatural Purpose, which grants it grants (+1) Meele Expert , Hard to Kill and Scythe: Poison 2.

Does these effects disappear at the end of the turn, and the reactivate when the Dead Rider activates in turn 4? (no slow to die and so on)

Or does the effects continue though to turn 4? (has slow to die and so on)

Unnatural purpose is not listed as an effect and therefore does not end in the end effects stage.

The purpose it receives is based purely on its wounds remaining at time of activation (after regeneration) . This then does not change until it next activation or by the Adjust Purpose spell, regardless of turn. Unless I have missed something.

Unnatural purpose is not listed as an effect and therefore does not end in the end effects stage.

The purpose it receives is based purely on its wounds remaining at time of activation (after regeneration) . This then does not change until it next activation or by the Adjust Purpose spell, regardless of turn. Unless I have missed something.

That's my reading as well. It also means that a Paralyzed Dead Rider will not check for Unnatural Purpose changes when given the "forfeited" activation, just as it would not regenerate or resolve Poison.

This is incorrect. It still activates, it just does nothing.

Poison, etc still happen.

Unless I missed an errata, a paralyzed model does not activate. When it is chosen to activate, it instead forfeits its activation and removes paralysis, thus it would not suffer Wds from poison, be able to regenerate, or check it's purpose if it is a rider. This is still how the effect is explained in the errata document.

Unless I missed an errata, a paralyzed model does not activate. When it is chosen to activate, it instead forfeits its activation and removes paralysis, thus it would not suffer Wds from poison, be able to regenerate, or check it's purpose if it is a rider. This is still how the effect is explained in the errata document.

Haha! Well then I stand corrected.