Clockwork Traps' Clamping Down - Which stat?

Turbodog

When a clockwork trap uses it's clamp down action, it says for the trap and the opposing model to make a Cb-->Wk duel.

Who's Cb and who's Wk?

Is it the Trap's Cb and the opponent's Wk

or is it the opponent's Cb and the trap's Wk?

I can't tell from the wording in the book (it's not clear to me which is supposed to be the attacking model and which is the defending model.)

Not that I don't believe you, Ausplosions - but how do you know that?

I mean, I like that interpretation. That way I'm treated as the attacker and win ties. And it'll be hard enough flipping from a 4... Just didn't see any obvious contextual clue in the description that I use my Cb and opponent uses his Wk. (And I could see a reasonable interpretation that I use my Wk and opponent is trying to get away with his Cb).

Hrm, actually that makes it a pretty "underdog" type of duel doesn't it? A lot of models I'd like to stop with this have a Wk above 4...

Anyone proxied this? Does the clamp on attack work well?

Thanks, Kadeton. You're awesome. :)

The part I had missed is that clamp on is an action. That's what makes it different from, say, the wp-->wp duel to get out of a pine box - since that's not an action.

In any case, I'm good now. Thanks!

On that note...gotta remember to put the traps with Lady J so that she can give them more Cb!

Hrm, actually that makes it a pretty "underdog" type of duel doesn't it? A lot of models I'd like to stop with this have a Wk above 4...

Anyone proxied this? Does the clamp on attack work well?

It's a pretty powerful ability for a 2ss model. There has to be some downside. You can't expect it to work all the time. You get a pretty nice bonus to it the first time you use it (while Harmless). Even after that, if you flip a decent card for the attack, your opponent will have to cheat in a good card to resist it...they won't want to be Paralyzed.

I've used them several times with McCabe and with the Pathfinder....they work extremely well.

silly me, I figured that since you sacrifice the trap after the action - that was the downside.

Only when it succeeds.

Trust me....I've used this model enough to say, there is no spin that makes this model a poor investment.

And with the Hoffman profile avatar you have, I'm sure you're not complaining about a 2ss construct? If saccing them is a downer for you, then don't....just keep a few of them around to boost Hoff to ridiculous levels for next to nothing.

Edited by dgraz

silly me, I figured that since you sacrifice the trap after the action - that was the downside.

What do you expect from a 2pt model that can auto paralyse on hit? Its only sacrificed if it successfully paralyses a model, which since you choose when to do it, should always be a good trade... Its also a (0) action, so it can still move or attack normally as well..