1st Jakob game (10T)

Blog

Sup.

Played my first game with Jakob today vs Pandora (take a wild guess who won). I didn't do too hot. I felt like Huggy was late to everything and was more a reactive piece. My list was

Jakob(Huggy was out)

Illuminated

2 10t Bro's

2 Stitched.

I had supply wagon and my opponent had slaughter. I got slaughtered, Only squeeked out 4 vp. Now my point of this thread is to assess Huggy as being put out in deployment and the resulting Cache 2. Has anyone tried not deploying him for the cache 4 at all? I had a 7 cache i believe.

I just want to see some input on the advantages and disadvantages of deployed vs not deployed.

Well, with your list there, you'd have been pretty screwed - a single Brillant model with a fairly limited capacity to spread it would have meant a high chance of the Hungering Darkness never coming in... With a Beckoner or 2 in the list it could work though...

Yea I didnt feel good going in any ways lol. Beckoners aren't out yet and I don't proxy. Next game im going to try him with huggy not in play.

I really think jakob lists need the beckoners.

That, and starting with the darkness on the table. There's a 2ss difference between him being there, and him not being there, and every single time I've used him, he's been worth more than 2ss. I'd rather take something else out to increase my cache and include him, than not include him and summon him later on. He's amazing at handing out brilliance, especially perma-brilliance, which is good because when your opponent finally kills him, popping those minions when you have a pair gets you huggy back.

Especially given the fact youre not using beckoners, You NEED to start with him on the table.

I am finding that it works better overall to start with Huggy on the table. There have been a few games where I did not, but they have all been a bit of a struggle compared to the games where he is on the table to start.

Further, without Beckoners or Depleted in your list, I think you must start with Huggy on the table. You just do not have reliable ways to spread brilliance (Beckoners) or easy/cheap models to knock off to bring him in (Depleted). Missing those two factors, it becomes too much of a challenge to get Huggy out and without him your losing out on a fair amount of capability within the crew.