Making/buying bayou trees

*Jack*

Hi all,

Currently building up a collection of bayou scenery (Pics at the bottom).

I'd like to have some patches of trees there. I have clump foliage to stick on the trees, if I make them, and in some ways that'd be preferable to buying them as it would match my board. Basically, does anyone have any easy ways to make tree armatures?

Or, if there's anywhere I can buy trees, that will look good on a bayou board.

Finally, here's a WIP of what I'm doing so far. learnt a lot from this already, such as the water effects going cloudy because I've done it in a thick layer. Need to finish painting the wooden pontoon, the lantern, and add some reeds.

post-6875-1391192596103_thumb.jpg

Well pipe cleaners and some spackle or cellulose clay can be used to build tree armatures pretty quickly and relatively easily.

It is significantly easier though to just buy them from a model train supplier like Woodland Scenics (link here). The only real advantage to building your own is that you can make them taller than the value packs (usually).

As for affordable retail products it is difficult to beat the Woodland Scenics pre made tree packs like these ones here;

Ready Made Trees Value Pack

Ready Made Realistic Trees

I prefer the Value Packs due to their lower price.