Hoffman machine puppet

GoodPhule

So I have been running the Hoff recently and machine puppet is a great ability but has raised some questions that I am hoping you might all be able to help me answer.

The first question is what abilities does the weapon retain?

I know it says that it becomes cb6 of rams with critical strike but:

• does it keep traits such as paired on the weapon?

• does it keep its other triggers as well as critical strike or are they replaced?

The other question is who is doing the attack, having looked at other threads it seems that it is the model not the Hoff so he can't use soul stones, is that correct?

If it is, how does that work with the schemes and strategys? Does it count for Grudge as it is not the master attacking in melee? Does it also mean that Hoffman is not framed for murder?

Thanks for any help or advice.

So I have been running the Hoff recently and machine puppet is a great ability but has raised some questions that I am hoping you might all be able to help me answer.

The first question is what abilities does the weapon retain?

The weapon retains all of it's text and abilities from it's host card except for its Cb value and suit. In addition, the weapon gains critical strike if it did not have it previously.

I know it says that it becomes cb6 of rams with critical strike but:

So you answered you own question. :)

• does it keep traits such as paired on the weapon?

Yes

• does it keep its other triggers as well as critical strike or are they replaced?

Yes. Remember you can only ever select one trigger though.

The other question is who is doing the attack, having looked at other threads it seems that it is the model not the Hoff so he can't use soul stones, is that correct?

The puppetted model is considered the attacker. Think of it as similar to casting obey on a model, forcing it to make an attack. So you are correct, unless the puppetted model has Use Soulstone, it can't use soulstones for the attack.

If it is, how does that work with the schemes and strategys? Does it count for Grudge as it is not the master attacking in melee? Does it also mean that Hoffman is not framed for murder?

It would count for Grudge.

You could not be framed for murder by doing it.

Of additional note...and I find most players miss this...if you machine puppet you kill something during Hoffman's activation (even though he does not do the killing) - as such, you're not protected by Hoffman's anti-pulse ability dampening. In other words, when you machine puppet against an ice gamin it will actually explode and hurt your crew. (vs. if the same model kills it in the same way on its own activation when Hoffman's dampening is up and running).

Happy puppeting. :)