Lazarus' Armor

Turbodog

Question

Just clarifying before I start using my new Lazarus model.

Does Lazarus' armor stack with other armor?

My first thought was "no" because Reinforced Patchwork Armor says: "This armor cannot be modified or ignored"

But then I saw Lazarus had Evasive 2 - which grants armor +2 vs. Blasts.

So is stacking armor not the same as modifying it?

Does Lazarus get:

Armor +1 vs. blasts (He ALWAYS gets the unmodifiable patchwork armor)

Armor +2 vs. blasts (He chooses to use the evasive armor instead)

Armor +3 vs. blasts (The Evasive and Patchwork armors can stack)

Sorry you feel liek that. As SHolto said, what you said was how people were interpriting the rules. And we have just found out we were wrong.

We have now had Ratty, on behalf of Wyrd tell us the correct interpritation.

And that is that the patchwork armour can't be modified or ignored. Othe armour Lazarus has can also be used. As you said the Evasive 2 gives him Armour+2 against Blasts. It means he has armour +3 against blasts, but against blasts which ignore armour the evasive does nothing but the patchwork armour will still give him +1

Looking back at it we already had a similar case with Joss. He can Get Armour 2 that can't be ignored. If he was near a Guardian he could get more armour from that, but only his forcefield armour works against sources that ignore armour.

So what the rules on the card are telling us is that the patchwork armour can't be ignored, or changed with things like "Cut away" but other armour stacks as normal.

I was not arguing i was just wondering how he got to that conclusion based on the printing of the rules.

No offense meant, and i will never post again. Nice group.

I took a look at your post count, realised you probably didn't know what a Rules Marshall was, and tried to explain it. This is a friendly group in my experience, and there are loads of people here who are only too keen to help new players out. No need to quit over a misunderstanding :)